Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
FASTER THAN A MARE
2,024 Posts
I told him $7,000 labour for hang and finish. Out of his price range... "by quite a bit" mean while the house is almost down town on the waterfront building a house between two doctors homes. Oh well, worry about the jobs you do get. Not the ones you dont!
thing is you are right about not worrying about it

·
Registered
27 Posts
View attachment 21922
This is a finishing detail that is becoming quite popular in Victoria BC. I use Trim Tex 1/2" X3/4" shadow line for the flush mount base board (this gives me a 1/4" lap behind to function as a slip joint) and 1/2"X1/2" Shadow line around doors and windows continue the theme. This house had 13,000 ft of board. Total cost Materials and Labour was just shy of $30,000. If memory serves $7000 was for the shadow detail. I had the carpenters attach a strip of wood at the height of the baseboard plus 1/2" ontop of finished flooring height. that way the boardmen could hang the walls normally and router off the precise amount. I could then place my shadowline tight to the bottom of the board.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.