Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple more days off for me. The builder won't let us start taping until the AC get hooked up, but they don't even have the power hooked up yet.
Sure I like the AC, but we're having the best mud drying weather of the season , I guess the builder know's better:furious:. Dumb arse.
The hangers can have the next job ready by the weekend and their starting another right after, but, the screw inspector can't get there till Monday afternoon. I wish I got paid to look at screws.
I'm seeing a log jam in my future.

·
Wannabe Woodworker
2,041 Posts
Couple more days off for me. The builder won't let us start taping until the AC get hooked up, but they don't even have the power hooked up yet.
Sure I like the AC, but we're having the best mud drying weather of the season , I guess the builder know's better:furious:. Dumb arse.
The hangers can have the next job ready by the weekend and their starting another right after, but, the screw inspector can't get there till Monday afternoon. I wish I got paid to look at screws.
I'm seeing a log jam in my future.
will he allow bead and prefill,its somethin

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will he allow bead and prefill,its somethin
No, he clearly stated ,No finishing till the Ac's hooked up.
You know as well as I do that to get it taped and let it sit is the best thing to do.
He'll get the AC going and expect it done in short order, the coats won't fully dry when running a coat every day.
I just find it funny how GC's think they know it all about all trades.
The arrive onsite and pick at things when it's clear to me they have no idea what their looking at.

·
drywall slave
10,565 Posts
No, he clearly stated ,No finishing till the Ac's hooked up.
You know as well as I do that to get it taped and let it sit is the best thing to do.
He'll get the AC going and expect it done in short order, the coats won't fully dry when running a coat every day.
I just find it funny how GC's think they know it all about all trades.
The arrive onsite and pick at things when it's clear to me they have no idea what their looking at.
OH!! OH!! Let me take a wild guess ?
This g/c drives a $45,000 truck ..has perfect hair and wears loafers
Knows how to push money around ,,but has never hands on built a home?

Your so right PA..The chit these guys pick at adds up to nothing
But the things they should really be worried about.. they no nothing about..

Last Monday I almost told a g/c to delete my number from his phone.. But I didn't...I just commenced to polishing his turd.
Sad thing is ...He will never know what it took for me to straighten out his cluster ****...I should get 1% of the sale on each speck he sells!:furious:

·
Registered
344 Posts
your so right p.a. rocker .......mud has been drying very good this week !!! almost to quick ! had to double check and make shure i didnt mix up some 20 min. stuff lol

·
harve
361 Posts
power give aWAY

You guys get air conditioning
, and drywall inspections too

Talk about spoiled:whistling2::jester:
he dosent know we are aCTUALLY I N CHARGE. lets set it out for a while and see what happens, while we go more broke. and our spanish brothers take their 2nd hand quaility back to a third world serwer.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Um, screw inspector :blink:. Am i missing somthing?
Down here in the USSA, government inspectors need to inspect the hanging for proper screw patterns and proper placement of 5/8" gypsum panels in new residential and commercial projects. :blink::yes:

·
post whore
7,772 Posts
Down here in the USSA, government inspectors need to inspect the hanging for proper screw patterns and proper placement of 5/8" gypsum panels in new residential and commercial projects. :blink::yes:
I don't like USSA, it don't sound so good, Normally us Commie Canucks just call you guys "The States",,,, But lately, we have been calling you guys "The Red States"........ comrade

Attachments

·
post whore
7,772 Posts
Thats funny we usually call you guys those Stupid Canadians:jester:
You know,,,,,, maybe I was wrong:yes:........ Maybe USSA does sound better:yes:

The United Stupid States of America:jester:

Yep, I was wrong:whistling2:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The US would win if our countries were competing... in stupidity.
Theres a big uproar in congress because the Olympic team's uniforms came from China. Big freaking deal. I haven't seen an American made garment in years. There are 313,918,000 Americans wearing Chinese clothing and congress is woried about 550 uniforms that were DONATED by a sponser.:blink:

"Stupid is as stupid does." - quote by Forrest Gumps Mother

·
post whore
7,772 Posts
The US would win if our countries were competing... in stupidity.
Theres a big uproar in congress because the Olympic team's uniforms came from China. Big freaking deal. I haven't seen an American made garment in years. There are 313,918,000 Americans wearing Chinese clothing and congress is woried about 550 uniforms that were DONATED by a sponser.:blink:

"Stupid is as stupid does." - quote by Forrest Gumps Mother
I can beat that one :whistling2: http://www.torontosun.com/2012/07/13/canadas-shrine-of-shame

Only difference in the stupidity, is your guys news, is constant politics 24/7, you tune into CNN or fox news or something, and you would think there is a continuous election on all the time. Up here, were too busy trying to keep warm in the winter and going to the beach in the summer, instead of listening to them all the time.

But that's our problem up here, they know we don't listen, so more and more stupid things keep happening:blink:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.