Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
FASTER THAN A MARE
2,024 Posts
I've always used silicon spray but a couple of weeks ago I spotted a can of pams spray-on canola oil in the kitchen and thought there's no harm in trying it, much much better than silicon, you can even lick your box clean with this stuff.....I know what you are thinking :sneaky2:, so unless there's any longer term problems with it I'll keep using it.
Another thing I found with lubes is that lanacote is not the same as lanox, they are both lanolin based but lanacote in a spraycan collects dirt and leaves a thick tacky film on your tools and is more suited to weather protection, where lanox is more like an oily lube and not as thick and greasy.
Would be interesting to hear if anyone has had any bad experiences with there tool lube interfering with paint?

thanks Kiwi think I will try that, bought a can of Teflon spray just the other day, no sooner some f'er put the glove on it.......:blink:

·
Wannabe Woodworker
2,041 Posts
WD (probably already mentioned) just a real light mist

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lightly grease everything you can and wipe it all down with a clean rag .. works great on gaskets and keeps the tools ready for the next job. wont dry up and last for along time. I do this to inside of my boxes. cleanup is quicker..and the tools run smoother as well. You can tell the difference..

21 - 30 of 30 Posts