Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I noticed some serious concerns in the Lowe’s Defective Drywall settlement. Based on my class action legal experience and my investigations, I have raised my concerns as objections to the court. I share with you the web page, http://www.drywallsettlement.org created to insure the public and the construction industry is aware of the shortcomings in the Lowes defective drywall settlement. The site above explains how to make higher value claims that should be valid, and what can be done to improve the settlement.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I noticed some serious concerns in the Lowe’s Defective Drywall settlement. Based on my class action legal experience and my investigations, I have raised my concerns as objections to the court. I share with you the web page, http://www.drywallsettlement.org created to insure the public and the construction industry is aware of the shortcomings in the Lowes defective drywall settlement. The site above explains how to make higher value claims that should be valid, and what can be done to improve the settlement.
Who would buy sheetrock from lowes anyways.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lowe's Drywall Defects

Could readers also describe some of the other defects they have noted in Lowes drywall? One post mentioned moisture which causes the adhesives to weaken that I have noted caused dents and expansion in drywall.

Thanks,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lowe's Drywall Defects Other Than High Sulfer Content

We all know not to store gypsum outside. Thus, I was referring to damp basements, and other problems with sheet rock, other than the high sulfer content of some Chinese drywall.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Lowes Settlement Non Chinese Drywall Defects

Good point, but the cinderblock (1950s) to concrete (1980s) basement walls may create a problem. I was in Virginia in about 2000 when they had the 2nd driest summer in history. But that summer where there were underground springs I saw well water a foot below ground level! How dry do you think the basements could be in that area? Two basements even had exterior drain tiles without sump pumps! Anybody ever heard or seen exterior drain fields for drain tiles for water, not sewer?

I have seen the same moisture problems with green board/drywall. I even analyzed blue board, but it is hard to find in the North. When I asked the attorneys on the Lowes settlement about blue dry wall, they said they have never heard of it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts