Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
even tho u.s.g. didn't release this stuff yet i got a free sample bucket from them today to try it out. any of you guys use this stuff yet......i usually use the green or purple lid ,from what there saying it's to be alot better than there blue lid stuff witch i think is awful !! 5 gal. bucket is 25 lb. going to be a few days before i can tap into it. was just wondering what other d.w.t. guys had to say about it.......

·
Wannabe Woodworker
2,041 Posts
Have not heard of it yet but 25 lb per bucket:blink:. I would have to see that stuff. Gosh , one would think it was missin somethin

·
F.W.Cox Drywall Services
27 Posts
I was wondering if you are talking about the Ultra Lightweight All Purpose Joint Compound (lime green lid). I have been using it for about 2 months now and I really like it. I use it on all 3 coats. I think what I like about it is the workability. Mix it once and then you don't have to re mix it again. Even if you reuse it again the next day. Works really good applied by hand or machine and it sands easily too. I hope U.S.G don't try to change the mix later on down the road like they did with the blue top (crap) mud.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep...... thats the stuff ! i guess the lid is a lime green rather than gold........have to correct myself on the weight of the bucket....it's 36 LB.

·
Wannabe Woodworker
2,041 Posts
36 lb taping . 38 lb ap :D Hamilton l/w

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Then you should move to the States:D:yes::whistling2:
They have it here in Ontario 2buck. A rep gave me a free bucket the other day for me to try out and see what I thought of it.
Exactly that stuff. Lightweight compound.
And ya, it's a lime green lid. Just like the picture.

·
post whore
7,772 Posts
They have it here in Ontario 2buck. A rep gave me a free bucket the other day for me to try out and see what I thought of it.
Exactly that stuff. Lightweight compound.
And ya, it's a lime green lid. Just like the picture.
No they don't PT, your telling lies :whistling2:

2bjr will half to go to the states to test that mud. As a matter of fact, it's the extreme southern part of the states that have that mud. The ones furthest away from us.

So we can't get that mud............... Right:whistling2:

2buckjr will half to go to the states:yes:

Or Sudbury if you don't agree with me:D

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
No they don't PT, your telling lies :whistling2:

2bjr will half to go to the states to test that mud. As a matter of fact, it's the extreme southern part of the states that have that mud. The ones furthest away from us.

So we can't get that mud............... Right:whistling2:

2buckjr will half to go to the states:yes:

Or Sudbury if you don't agree with me
No! Im telling you! They have oh!....I mean....:shifty: Yes....that's right...they don't have it here...:icon_cool:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hell ya!!! Machine mud rocks!!
It's all I use bro! :thumbsup:
Did you run that new. Bazooka. Yet

I always use green cgc in my zook.
And machine mud for the rest

I tried that machine mud in the zook
and was getting my timing off BeCause is so light
with green mud I can tell within a foot before I run out ,just by the feel of weight of the zook the machine mud is so light ,it took me a few tries before knowing Lol

1 - 20 of 56 Posts