Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
post whore
7,772 Posts
$150 bucks :eek:

You should buy one and find out if it does.:whistling2: But from what I see in the pics, it looks like it might work on other box handles. Maybe not extendable ones, but still......

I wonder if the extra depth it adds between the box and the handle, affects the control/feel to running the boxes

I could sure use one tomorrow:(

Reactions: Mudshark

·
Mudder Lover
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Still not sure if many of the other handles will retrofit onto the "Twister" adaptor, but looks like most of them may. I think I have one of the few that will not unfortunately, the Northstar Adjustar because of its different brake configuration. Oh well, thems the brakes.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Yeah the Northstar has two connection points.
I could definitely use one of those twister handles though, I didn't realize how many times I could have used one until I new they were available, Caz generously offered to post his over to try for a bit but I gracefully declined for fear he may not get it back :whistling2:

·
Wandering and wondering
721 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Did ya end up getting a Blue Line handle? Still wondering which of my handles would fit best before i get the adapter, looking at a used tapetech extender since Jason had luck with it
It was awhile ago but as I remember the pin was slightly too big to fit or allow rotation, so I wound up boring out the handle slightly to accomodate it. I remember I went to a fasteners shop to buy some new grub screws too but can't remember if I needed them in the end.

I've got 2 TT extenders tho. I still prefer the one without the twister on jobs where it isn't needed. The twister moves the box away from the handle a bit and throws things out of balance.

Depends how many high/low wall joints you run into. I'm glad I have it in the arsenal but I wouldn't want it to be my only handle. Btw, I frequently run it with the brake engaged so I don't lose half my grunt to the wheels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts