Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Might be good for some smaller jobs where dust is a problem, if the price was right I would get one just to see if was worth getting.

·
Mudder Lover
1,974 Posts
What I did notice is that All-Wall sells the Dustless Technologies vacuums on their website but not this product of theirs. Could they know something about it we do not, and All-Wall are not interested in marketing it? The concept looks good, perhaps the product is a bit on the flimsy side to stand up to commercial use? :huh:

·
Mudder Lover
1,974 Posts
well i got one 160 bucks tried it out in my shop with shop vac sceamed good tomorrow ill feild test it...it is built well ...extends 10 feet ..beat you to it canza
Good for you Smisner - Give er a good workout and let us know how it behaves. :thumbsup:

·
Just a taper
303 Posts
well i got one 160 bucks tried it out in my shop with shop vac sceamed good tomorrow ill feild test it...it is built well ...extends 10 feet ..beat you to it canza
Thanks smisner I do a lot of smaller jobs and if it works well it would be ideàl for me

·
Registered
838 Posts
Good for you Smisner - Give er a good workout and let us know how it behaves. :thumbsup:
I will i know it wont take the place of the porter cable sander but i think for bathrooms .hallways .and little jobs it will work great plus the sanding pads extends all the way to the edge so it should get the corners nicely..plus the sanding head sticks past the housing 1/8 inch so it will get stuff flat with out pushing on it

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
I will i know it wont take the place of the porter cable sander but i think for bathrooms .hallways .and little jobs it will work great plus the sanding pads extends all the way to the edge so it should get the corners nicely..plus the sanding head sticks past the housing 1/8 inch so it will get stuff flat with out pushing on it
Will be interesting to see if the suction is enough to drive the sander or if it's easy to stall.
Glad to see you put the "N" in your last name :D.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice one smis, I could have had a second hand one for $100 nz money but turned it down, I think they are around $350 new, Let us know how it goes. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
838 Posts
Will be interesting to see if the suction is enough to drive the sander or if it's easy to stall.
Glad to see you put the "N" in your last name :D.
the key is to keep a bag in the vac so the drywall dust will not clog the filter ...because when suction drops so will the rpm of the turbo sander i tried to stail it out in my shop but it has the torque of a deisal truck

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
cazna a quick fill pump at plaster wharehouse is only $200 in wellington.when they first came out he they were $500.
I got mine many moons ago from R&S Trade down in Timaru, not sure but I think it was around $350 way back then, still going strong but I got one for a fraction of the price off the aussie ebay to keep as a spare, a word of advice to anyone who's got one of the newer ones is to trim back the clear plastic tube on the handle so it lets the plunger go all the way to the end, and replace the wingnut on the plunger with a stainless bolt, it all just makes it a easier to clean with a brush.

·
Does It Work!?
3,292 Posts
Here you go, Lets pick this one apart then.

I think it would be slow but maybe ok for small areas were dust control is needed.

Here is a link with a clip and see the you tube clip below/
http://www.dustlesstechnologies.com/turbosander.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nnOH08KYkg

Some Amazon reviews, from fairly recent, to ones that go back 10+ years. The more recent reviews seem more positive in general than do the earlier ones. Maybe there was a product improvement? Or maybe people are getting better at knowing how to use the thing(?)

http://www.amazon.com/Dustless-Tech...tBy=bySubmissionDateDescending#R2YBZ4Z9OLZ8V8

1 - 20 of 20 Posts