Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

· Registered
388 Posts
Not much to brag about here, Ive been well behaved this year.

An old tapetech taper.
Some taper and box parts.
Gooseneck brush
Clear jam tool.
DM short box handle.
Double lights on a stand.
Couple of worklights
4 inch tapeworm anglehead.
Got a 4 inch goldblatt angle head on the way.
Tapepro twister handle, and blades, Tapepro roller, Thankyou tom, Gaz.
Tapepro 3inch nailer spotter, love it.
Some tapetech boxes, Thank you mike from tapetech.
A tapepro CP tube.
Cornice head.
A marshalltown banjo.
2 Alloy planks, 1 split alloy plank, A pair of plank stands.
Delco creaser wheel.
Quickfill pump.
Lazer measure.
Power paint roller.
Bottle brush.
QUOTE]

AND A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE!!!!!!!!!!:D

· Registered
388 Posts
As it happens, I've not spent big on tools this year. £50 for an angle applicator box from a taper in Glasgow is prob my biggest outlay! Had an ar*e of a time with hand tools a few weeks back though. While cleaning coving my 4" knife snapped. Next day, my 6"knife snapped while spotting screws.Couple of days later my tape measure snapped, my cast iron mixing wheel broke, I shut the boot of my car on top of my hawk, lost a trowel, the spring went on a set of tin snips, my 4" brush snapped while washing down some coving and cos I was over reaching at the time I came off my stool and stood on my mitre box!:eek:
The beer tasted good that night:drink:

· Registered
4,305 Posts
Got my short handle today:clap:... Picked up a bottle brush on the way home ..Made by Quicke ..Watch out Gazman!
When I laid my 6 [email protected] brush on the belt the cashier was like:blink:
OK,,

I hope the brush works for you Moore. I cut the end of the handle off and insert it into a piece of 20mm condute for a stronger handle. One of the secrets with the brush is to get one that the bristles are not to stiff, because with a stiff bristle it tends not to put enough mud on. It may take a bit of trial and error. So dont give up if it does not seem to work. Here is a link to the one that I use.
http://www.hardwaredelivered.com.au/store/products/Brush-Bottle-%26-Vase-Nylon.html

Hey Moore you will love that small handle. It is all that I use on wall now. It is even more like using a trowel / knife than a normal handle.

· Registered
7,775 Posts
I hope the brush works for you Moore. I cut the end of the handle off and insert it into a piece of 20mm condute for a stronger handle. One of the secrets with the brush is to get one that the bristles are not to stiff, because with a stiff bristle it tends not to put enough mud on. It may take a bit of trial and error. So dont give up if it does not seem to work. Here is a link to the one that I use.
http://www.hardwaredelivered.com.au/store/products/Brush-Bottle-&-Vase-Nylon.html

Hey Moore you will love that small handle. It is all that I use on wall now. It is even more like using a trowel / knife than a normal handle.
This whole trade is going down the toilet, along with the tools being used in it:rolleyes::whistling2:

· Average Member
3,299 Posts
This whole trade is going down the toilet, along with the tools being used in it:rolleyes::whistling2:
No sh!t, people talking about using bottle brushes, wiping tape with gloves and sticking them to the wall when done, tearing sheetrock off only to hang it two more times and squirt some goo in between .........what is the world coming to?

· drywall slave
10,591 Posts
Yeah I got the wrong brush ..The bristles are really stiff,,, I'll order one from your link... have you tried out the wool roller yet??

I have no problem boxing ceiling seams with the 4' handle
But the wall seams are hard to handle [still green] The long wall seams are no problem . The short seams will go smooth with this short handle I hope.

My old man Is helping me out on the job I'm on this week ..He's no stranger to the production tools. he used the ames tools late 60s early 70s... He's 65 now ,,and still runs like a 2buckjr .. I broke out the box monday and said watch this dad ...blocked all the ceiling seams as fast as I could pump..He laughed and said ..this rock has a shallow recess you need a 8'' box to block then 2nd coat with the 10'' ,,but what your doing will work . This started a long conversation on the old ames tools
..I worked for the old man for 23 years never knew his knowledge of production tools till now...Pops got stories! Said he was working on a hotel for his brother when a tool salesman came in with a machine similar to the zooka [1966] The tool would apply the tape like a zooka ..you could also attach 8'' 10'' boxes to it ..It worked off the pressure pumped into the tube..:blink: The salesman pumped it up ,,and ran through the place laying tape FAST..and clean..His brother bought it ,,But not him or any of his men could ever get that machine to work like the salesman did. It had a trigger that controlled the amount of flow..

· drywall slave
10,591 Posts
Moore, this tool that you speak of your father running... By chance, would that have been a Versa-Tool?
No idea ...Not sure if he knows ... He was 16 at the time ...but he did say even then If you stole from ames they would hunt you down ,,and kill ya!!

· Mudder Lover
1,974 Posts
No idea ...Not sure if he knows ... He was 16 at the time ...but he did say even then If you stole from ames they would hunt you down ,,and kill ya!!
:sneaky2: Had a tenant (drywaller) that ran out on me without paying the rent. Before he left I set aside a mudpump he had stored with me. It was covered in mud so didnt notice at the time but it was an Ames. When I took it to a job site had some angry tapers at me for having a stolen pump on site. Dont have it anymore.

· Registered
7,775 Posts
:sneaky2: Had a tenant (drywaller) that ran out on me without paying the rent. Before he left I set aside a mudpump he had stored with me. It was covered in mud so didnt notice at the time but it was an Ames. When I took it to a job site had some angry tapers at me for having a stolen pump on site. Dont have it anymore.
So did you take it to a pawn shop, like every other drunk taper did during the 1980's, Think Ames began to crack down on the pawn shops, but every once and a while you would find a pawn shop that would...................... never mind:whistling2::rolleyes:

· Mudder Lover
1,974 Posts
So did you take it to a pawn shop, like every other drunk taper did during the 1980's, Think Ames began to crack down on the pawn shops, but every once and a while you would find a pawn shop that would...................... never mind:whistling2::rolleyes:
No - had another tenant (shared accomadation thing) and this one turned out to be a druggie. :furious: Ripped me off for the Ames pump (just as well), Northstar corner box and handle (I miss that), Dewalt screw gun, Rotozip router and a few other goodies. Gave him the boot in a hurry but a bit too late.

· Registered
114 Posts
21 - 39 of 39 Posts