Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
We dont use proform...so I dont know exactly what you are talking about. But I know in the summer when it is hot Murco will get a terrible smell if left in the heat for a week or so after mixed.....I once was dumping a box into a bucket with some old Murco with a bit of water from washing down the bucket and when the new box dropped it splashed directly into my nose and I had to puke! It was terrible...

·
Average Member
3,145 Posts
I learned a while back that they'll use wheat paste in clay construction....I wonder if that stuff makes its way into taping mud?

I've found that topping will sit indefinitely without molding or stinking...but the muds with glue go baaaaaaaad. :yes:

·
Drunken Bum!
2,224 Posts
Yea mud can stink a lot!! But i have noticed that usg mud doesn't go like that for some reason!! My barrels can go a couple of years now with no smell:thumbsup:
As for Murco that is differant story!!:(

·
Registered
655 Posts
I know you guys forget a wash bucket from time to time and they sure can stink.:sick:

I was boarding a utillity room for a condo complex that had geo thermal heating . That's when they drill holes in the ground so they can use the earths heat to help heat the building.

The room that housed all the meaters , pipes and crap was also the only tap on site and my buddy left his cleaning bucket there.:whistling2:

And lucky for me no one thought to fire rate the wall that all this crap had been mounted on and because it was on the other side of one of the units i needed to install sound bar so i was gona be there for a wile.:clap:

Nice tight area no room to walk or bring in board perfect and right as i get started i knock over the mud water bucket all over the room and me:nuke::sick:

I worked alone that day

·
Wannabe Woodworker
2,041 Posts
Do some places not have boxed mud? Buckets would be nice but would accumulate quick:eek:. Do you guys just throw them away or recycle? Ive noticed if you put water on mud and lid it that it will stink up much faster than if youd just capped it off with lid. The runnier mud stinks up quick as well

Reactions: Mudshark

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
chris said:
Do some places not have boxed mud? Buckets would be nice but would accumulate quick:eek:. Do you guys just throw them away or recycle? Ive noticed if you put water on mud and lid it that it will stink up much faster than if youd just capped it off with lid. The runnier mud stinks up quick as well
I use the topping buckets to mix hot mud in.

·
drywall slave
10,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When I finally get off my arse and clean all those buckets I'll take 10 -15 of them to my neighbor[farmer] Then when harvest time comes I'll have more tomatos /cucumbers and potatos than you can shake a stick at!:thumbsup:
The ole farmer on the other end of the road grows acres of sweet corn every year. I give him buckets too. When the sweet corn is ready he stops by the house and tells me ..you and the kids go down there ..pick all you want..:thumbup:

When those buckets start gathering up around the shed...that's a good thing! I've been busy:yes:

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
moore said:
When I finally get off my arse and clean all those buckets I'll take 10 -15 of them to my neighbor[farmer] Then when harvest time comes I'll have more tomatos /cucumbers and potatos than you can shake a stick at!:thumbsup:
The ole farmer on the other end of the road grows acres of sweet corn every year. I give him buckets too. When the sweet corn is ready he stops by the house and tells me ..you and the kids go down there ..pick all you want..:thumbup:

When those buckets start gathering up around the shed...that's a good thing! I've been busy:yes:
Sometimes about buckets for sale on craigslist for $2-$3 apiece. Surprisingly there's always somebody wanting to buy them

·
Mudder Lover
1,974 Posts
The ole farmer on the other end of the road grows acres of sweet corn every year. /QUOTE]

:rolleyes:They are in great demand out here for farmers growing outdoor crops as well. :laughing: :laughing:

1 - 20 of 85 Posts