Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i rarely ever tape anything except repairs with hotmud, so my question is how well will 210 with a little glue hold up in a garage ( level 4) that is semi climate controlled, price of job isnt great so want to be in and out quick????

·
RestoreWall
12 Posts
Ok, so i rarely ever tape anything except repairs with hotmud, so my question is how well will 210 with a little glue hold up in a garage ( level 4) that is semi climate controlled, price of job isnt great so want to be in and out quick????
I do smaller jobs and use hotmud all the time with great success. I normally use mesh, but if taping with paper tape I use TrimTex MudMax mixed into my hotmud or it will not adhere well. I have tested this product on both plain drywall and painted surfaces and it works great. I imagine some glue mixed in would do something similar for the adhesion. Plus I have tested with 20 minute mud and it worked, so 210 would probably be even better since the mud would have more time to soak in to the paper. If you don't want to go paper, I have heard that Fibafuse works well, but I have never tried it.

Without an adhesive added I would never use paper tape with hotmud. I find that over time it loosens too easily.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do smaller jobs and use hotmud all the time with great success. I normally use mesh, but if taping with paper tape I use TrimTex MudMax mixed into my hotmud or it will not adhere well. I have tested this product on both plain drywall and painted surfaces and it works great. I imagine some glue mixed in would do something similar for the adhesion. Plus I have tested with 20 minute mud and it worked, so 210 would probably be even better since the mud would have more time to soak in to the paper. If you don't want to go paper, I have heard that Fibafuse works well, but I have never tried it.

Without an adhesive added I would never use paper tape with hotmud. I find that over time it loosens too easily.
I was going to use fibafuse max, with super bond glue mixed in i cant see that failing any time soon, i cant control the temp in a garage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts