Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Members,

TapeTech identified a defective part on the 88TTE Extendable Box handles manufactured between November 2010 and May 15, 2011. The defect causes the set screws to shear off and renders the handle inoperable.

TapeTech has remedied the problem and we have a repair kit that includes all required parts to make your handle fully operational again. The repair can easily be completed in the the field with this kit.

If you experienced this problem with your 88TTE handle, please send an e-mail to [email protected] so we can send you a repair kit.

The e-mail should state, "Please send me a Repair Kit for the 88TTE Handle".

Other Required Information:
  • Full name
  • Company Name
  • Mailing address
  • Serial Number of handle
  • Place of Purchase
  • Date of Purchase
We appreciate your ongoing support!

TapeTech

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have two older model Tape Tech extension handles, about 5 years old. They work well in the two shorter set positions, which take care of 95% of the work, but when fully extended, the brake doesn't completely disengage when you let go of the brake handle and you end up having to push on the grip to stop the sticky brake from fighting you. They've been that way since new. Backing off the tensioner set screw didn't help and naturally caused the brake to slip. It makes things pretty awkward on high ceilings - discomfort, loss of leverage, etc.

Also, the brake seems a little weaker when the handle is fully extended. So it's more likely to slip but also unwilling to fully disengage without a little help. Anything I can do to remedy this?

Muchas gracias!

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jason,

We'll bounce this off the Tech Support team first thing in the morning and respond tomorrow. I think you've got 14 hours on us here so it could be Tuesday for you when you see the reply.

Thanks for taking the time to write.

TapeTech

·
Registered
348 Posts
Thanks, TT. It's the old model that has a silver lever which you press toward the tube in order to pull out the extension. I'm wondering if it has something to do with deflection when it's pulled out to full length. I'll check back tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Look who came to dinner....

Members,
TapeTech identified a defective part on the 88TTE Extendable Box handles manufactured between November 2010 and May 15, 2011. The defect causes the set screws to shear off and renders the handle inoperable.
TapeTech

Appears the rumors of a new mindset at Ames might be true.

Good to see you here.

:thumbsup:

Don't hide, what's your real name?

(A little word of insight...all the mfrs and distributors use their real names. It shows everyone that you are accountable for your statements and promises. Another suggestion, provide free samples.)

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Members,

TapeTech has remedied the problem and we have a repair kit that includes all required parts to make your handle fully operational again. The repair can easily be completed in the the field with this kit.

If you experienced this problem with your 88TTE handle, please send an e-mail to [email protected] so we can send you a repair kit.

The e-mail should state, "Please send me a Repair Kit for the 88TTE Handle".

Other Required Information:
  • Full name
  • Company Name
  • Mailing address
  • Serial Number of handle
  • Place of Purchase
  • Date of Purchase
We appreciate your ongoing support!

TapeTech

Your link won't work unless I download windows mail, in which I am not interested in doing, I already have an email addy.

Reckon it could be possible to send a link that the average joe can reply to????

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Capt. I don't have windows mail and clicking on the email address, it came up able to send an email.
I have tried to send them an email a cpl times a year for over 7 years, on two differant computers,,, I always get a screen that says unless i install windows mail I can't send to them. No other site that I know of requires this.

·
post whore
7,772 Posts
I have tried to send them an email a cpl times a year for over 7 years, on two differant computers,,, I always get a screen that says unless i install windows mail I can't send to them. No other site that I know of requires this.
just type their address in the send to email thing in what ever email service you use [email protected]

the [email protected] is like a postage stamp, once you have that, it's all you need, so use your own email account

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, thank you to all for the warm welcome. We certainly don't want anyone to think that TapeTech will not be accountable for statements or promises....

My name is Mike Ventura. Please let me know how TapeTech can help.

·
post whore
7,772 Posts
Hey tapetec, I got 2 questions for you.

I do have tapetec products, the main one is my bazooka, which has treated me well and I have no complaints ( I love her man
). but the 2 main things I hear or should I say the rumors that are out there are....

#1, That your now making all your stuff in China, and I don't half to explain what that means to most people:yes:

#2, that your customer service sucks, or that there is none at all.

So now that your here, maybe you can address them:yes:

·
post whore
7,772 Posts
Uhh, Mike. About a couple of our members....... :D
What:eek: at least I'm being honest:thumbup:

The captains got their email address now, I bet he's typing out a long nasty email right now as we speak :whistling2:

1 - 20 of 111 Posts