Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone used them. i just bought a bag at a new supply house i checked out today. i'll be trying it on monday. it was 10.50 for an 18 pound bag which is half the usual price of any other brand. i also know a finisher that loves the stuff. he claims you can get it super polished like a plaster or something. as far as i can tell just looking at the bag it looks like any other setting mud.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
anyone used them. i just bought a bag at a new supply house i checked out today. i'll be trying it on monday. it was 10.50 for an 18 pound bag which is half the usual price of any other brand. i also know a finisher that loves the stuff. he claims you can get it super polished like a plaster or something. as far as i can tell just looking at the bag it looks like any other setting mud.
Hmm...never heard of it..
Keep me posted though. I'd like to hear about it.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they also carry hamiltons mud too. picked up a couple of boxes of light all purpose. cgc light all purpose has been my favourite mud so far. good enough for taping small jobs but a little harder to scratch when sanding. i almost don't even tape with air dry compounds these days. always quickset. i haven't had a taping job in a while that was too big to tape and coat in same day. i'm actually really liking taping with setting muds more and more( only because of size of jobs). i have finally accepted i have to add wood glue every time if i expect to not have any problems( haven't found mud max here yet but the sample's were great).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts