Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
you guys will think i'm nuts (as do many people i've worked with) but I use a corner trowel. I only use it on second and third coats. At first, it takes a little longer, but once you get the hang of it- it's really quick. The corners come perfect.
Yes you are nuts,,,,,, lol

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Is the tape kind of frizzy in the middle? That would point to your roller, if it's mud that is rounded, yes your plow head needs new blades/ adjusted.
Great post.

Waller hit the nail on the head. You have to first determine the problem. Sounds like you have either a worn roller or worn angle head. Many heads have been "rounded" a bit to keep from cutting and dragging the tape on the glaze coat. Many guys I know hand wipe their tape coat instead of glazing, to get a sharper corner, then run it twice with angle heads. Its an extra trip, but makes a nice corner that will sand out sharp.

·
Registered
10 Posts
did you figure it out finally?
hey guys, i seamfill and paint, i own a finish pro corner finisher, and i find it leaves a slight round inside corner,which is harder to cut in while painting , i was thinking after i put the final coat on with the corner finisher maybe mudding one side by hand on the the ceilings to get a straighter line for when i cut in while painting. any ideas or is there a better corner finisher that leaves a perfect square inside corner. thanks

21 - 25 of 25 Posts