Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
how do you determin roughly how many screws come in per pound? metal screws for roughly 66 sheets is what im trying to determin. thanks.
roughly, a 5lb box,,,, depends how many you drop on the floor.

BTW,,, 1/ 1/8 has/had more screws in a box than 1/ 1/4 for the same money

so what size screws we talking bout anyhoo????

Heck,,, I'm getting another beer,,,,,,

later

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
agreed, if your counting screws,,,, your bidding way too tight.

Like Moore said, tell em what your price is, and you either get it or you don't.

If your at the point of bidding jobs, you should already know what the going price is for your area

·
post whore
7,772 Posts
Well you guys all took this post down the wrong path:furious:

I was going to convince him to count out a pound of screws for us:whistling2:

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Sounds pretty harsh Disanto, but these guys are right.
If you're bidding down to the screw you're seriously bidding way too tight and thinking way too much.
Depending on the size of job I usually bid what I want and then add 10%. If you don't get it, who gives a crap. That means they'll have gone with the low-ball offer and will have gotten ****ty work and will still call you next time for your bid.

I have a friend who owns a plumbing company and I remember one time I was helping him go over a quote and on his estimate he just added an extra 10grand. I said what's that for?
He wrote right next to it on the estimate "Bullsh!t factor".
Haha! Right in his quote. And submitted it like that.
I laughed my balls off.

So if you're counting screws, you're bidding too tight, and you're going to loose your shirt.
Why!? Because there's always bullsh!t on every job!
Even if you think you've thought of everything! You haven't thought of all the bullsh!t. So don't bid so tight.

·
post whore
7,772 Posts
Sounds pretty harsh Disanto, but these guys are right.
If you're bidding down to the screw you're seriously bidding way too tight and thinking way too much.
Depending on the size of job I usually bid what I want and then add 10%. If you don't get it, who gives a crap. That means they'll have gone with the low-ball offer and will have gotten ****ty work and will still call you next time for your bid.

I have a friend who owns a plumbing company and I remember one time I was helping him go over a quote and on his estimate he just added an extra 10grand. I said what's that for?
He wrote right next to it on the estimate "Bullsh!t factor".
Haha! Right in his quote. And submitted it like that.
I laughed my balls off.

So if you're counting screws, you're bidding too tight, and you're going to loose your shirt.
Why!? Because there's always bullsh!t on every job!
Even if you think you've thought of everything! You haven't thought of all the bullsh!t. So don't bid so tight.
So did your plumber friend get the job:blink::D

·
Mudder Lover
1,974 Posts
how do you determin roughly how many screws come in per pound? metal screws for roughly 66 sheets is what im trying to determin. thanks.

Just get a 40lb. box and quit dinkin around. Buying screws in small quantities is an expensive way to go. If you plan to be in the bussiness for a while, the leftover screws in the box might come in handy some day. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts