Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a couple of recent jobs, as the projects page only allows 10 photos, and there's a lot more to each project, I'll just post the link.

Car Showroom
BKS did all the interior fit out excluding the M&E

http://www.tapingandjointing.com/forum/showthread.php/1439-Our-current-project

School Kitchen

We have just finished this one, done during the half term break.
We started on the friday afternoon (10th Feb) and finished on the Saturday (18th Feb) We got our cleaners in on the 19th for Builders Clean, 3 of us stayed to help and touch up paintwork.

http://www.tapingandjointing.com/forum/showthread.php/1554-A-little-job

·
Wannabe Woodworker
2,041 Posts
Nice Work:thumbsup: Now thats some interesing colored mud

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
I see 2buck is over there as well, so between here, there, and painttalk..... How does he get any work done? AHA! That's why he brought Jr. back!

·
post whore
7,772 Posts
I see 2buck is over there as well, so between here, there, and painttalk..... How does he get any work done? AHA! That's why he brought Jr. back!
So PA rocker,,,,,, How well is fr8train working out for you..... does he think he's the boss............................................yet :D

Reactions: Mudshark

·
Wannabe Woodworker
2,041 Posts
I want to get my hands on some plaster.:yes:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chris this is the same stuff and how its used, it goes off in 20 mins or less, 2 coats and at least 2 trowel up's to acheive a smooth? flat finish

I must admit a good spread (plasterer) is good to watch, and will leave a good finish, but it takes a long time to become good at it, and then you can earn money.
Unfortunately a lot of people think it's a peice of cake to do, and I've run my hand over their walls, and it's like the surface of the moon
Have a go on a small job

·
Mudder Lover
1,974 Posts
Chris this is the same stuff and how its used, it goes off in 20 mins or less, 2 coats and at least 2 trowel up's to acheive a smooth? flat finish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0Z9Xv_b1JE

I must admit a good spread (plasterer) is good to watch, and will leave a good finish, but it takes a long time to become good at it, and then you can earn money.
Unfortunately a lot of people think it's a peice of cake to do, and I've run my hand over their walls, and it's like the surface of the moon
Have a go on a small job
:thumbup1:

That guy has a good feel for the hawk and trowel in that video. He is pretty good at it. Do you know that guy Brian?

·
Wannabe Woodworker
2,041 Posts
Pretty cool. That stuff looks like it spreads pretty easy . Could be the guy in vid is just a pro but looks like it is user friendly Thanks

·
Wannabe Woodworker
2,041 Posts
Very nice:thumbsup:

·
Wallboard Tools Australia
109 Posts
Here's a house built recently at the Sunshine Coast in Queensland Australia with the drywall Contractor Sweeney Plastering. We heard it was an excellent showcase of Trim-Tex usage so we sent a photographer there to take some snaps before the job was sanded. There was around 2100m2 (22,600sq ft) of board in the job and pretty well each room had at least 1 curved wall. Trim-Tex was used exclusively and predominantly in 3/4" Bullnose in Corners, Archway, Splayed, Bull Adapters but also Square Corner Bead, Adjustable Internals, 1/4" & 3/8" Tear Away Shadow and Tear Away L Beads adding up to 2800m or 9200ft of trims. It took a team of 7 contractors a week to install just the beads on one of the 2 levels. Pity it wasn't a sunny day for the photo's!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts