Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had one room to do this week and decided to try my new Columbia boxes..... holy sh*t they're sweet. My dad is reluctant to try anything new so when I busted out the 10" box he was like WTF is that? Then I ran the first seam and he couldn't believe his eyes. :thumbup:

I swear, these boxes, corner roller, banjo, tube and wipers have been the best money I've ever spent on tools. What a great forum.

Now I just want to get the outside applicator/roller and try the mudset beads........ and maybe a bazooka haha .... I have a problem.

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Do you have them set to leave a finished coat, it did you have to wipe behind it?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I just had one room to do this week and decided to try my new Columbia boxes..... holy sh*t they're sweet. My dad is reluctant to try anything new so when I busted out the 10" box he was like WTF is that? Then I ran the first seam and he couldn't believe his eyes. :thumbup:

I swear, these boxes, corner roller, banjo, tube and wipers have been the best money I've ever spent on tools. What a great forum.

Now I just want to get the outside applicator/roller and try the mudset beads........ and maybe a bazooka haha .... I have a problem.
Very happy for you and even happier for your father. finger crossed that he falls in love with these toys and your next pressie from him will be........a zooka

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you have them set to leave a finished coat, it did you have to wipe behind it?
I didn't have to touch them, they were ready for sanding after the second coat. I just ran two coats with the 10" at 3. I'll have to play around with the box settings and use the 12" next time but pretty amazing for the first go at it.

I meant to take pics, but was in a rush. I'm hoping to grab a camcorder over the holidays.

·
Wandering and wondering
721 Posts
I didn't have to touch them, they were ready for sanding after the second coat. I just ran two coats with the 10" at 3. I'll have to play around with the box settings and use the 12" next time but pretty amazing for the first go at it.

I meant to take pics, but was in a rush. I'm hoping to grab a camcorder over the holidays.
We used to double 10" for texture jobs if the hang job was decent... Think I've only had 1 spray job in the past 2 years though :(

·
Niagara House Crafters
200 Posts
I only do small jobs. We only do the complete renovations etc. We don't actively seek just drywall work. It is nice because we frame, hang and finish all our own work. It makes a HUGE difference!

I love all the tools. Best money I ever spent. Now I have pretty much all of them, 3 sizes of boxes, 2 heads, mudrunner, bazooka etc.

Money well spent!

scott

·
harve
361 Posts
i remember my first beer.

please push your first coat(or second were ever you live) first box, with the smallest box you can get your hands on. probably 7 or 8, and i will tell you why. you seem excited as hell, and i dig that. but be aware, in thirty years your cartilage has been breaking down in your-neck,shoulder,and elbows. SO- to offset that by quite a bit, give this some thought.use light weight mud to run your tools, mix it runny as hell just this side of pit city, run with both arms(i know start at left for righties and vice versa) it'll also keep your gut and back muscles working on keeping your spine in alighnment.dont compete ever, with any one else on the tools. they are not what you are about. your dad is 50 i guess-- grab a 7 or 8 inch box for him to try, and you to. i think you will find an 8 is much easier(FUNNER) to run. hope i made some sense-ok-the bog there dont step in it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts