Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing side jobs for about 2 years, strictly tape, texture, finish work. For full size jobs I have things down to a science.
*I would like to know where some other guys come on for small jobs i.e. reparing a few feet of tape and texture to match the existing (i know matching the texture and site conditions is a big factor) for this one, just simple sand texture/roll on with primer.
Minimum cost?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've been doing side jobs for about 2 years, strictly tape, texture, finish work. For full size jobs I have things down to a science.
*I would like to know where some other guys come on for small jobs i.e. reparing a few feet of tape and texture to match the existing (i know matching the texture and site conditions is a big factor) for this one, just simple sand texture/roll on with primer.
Minimum cost?
Its pretty much up to you, a bare minimum id charge 2x ur hourly pluse all the additional materials etc then add some. Side work has to be well worth it, remember it isn't easy to find a guy to do small jobs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its pretty much up to you, a bare minimum id charge 2x ur hourly pluse all the additional materials etc then add some. Side work has to be well worth it, remember it isn't easy to find a guy to do small jobs
I hear ya. I'm just curious what someone else would charge i guess. I always do a flat rate.
Off the top of your head here, ball park what would you charge to tape a 4x4 section patched into a a ceiling. 8' height. Its already hung. Needs Knock down texture. It's a kitchen ceiling so some prep work to be expected before texture. I was thinking $250. I'm thinking maybe that's kinda low , I suppose thats why I'm asking .

·
Registered
101 Posts
I hear ya. I'm just curious what someone else would charge i guess. I always do a flat rate.
Off the top of your head here, ball park what would you charge to tape a 4x4 section patched into a a ceiling. 8' height. Its already hung. Needs Knock down texture. It's a kitchen ceiling so some prep work to be expected before texture. I was thinking $250. I'm thinking maybe that's kinda low , I suppose thats why I'm asking .
My area id charge 4 or 500 for smooth, i dont do texture. Pricing can be very area sensitive.

·
Registered
131 Posts
if i have to get the sprayer out its 3bills. i can do a patch like that complete in 2-3hours easy. go fishing the rest of the day;) thats cheap compared to some guys though. depends on your area of country also. if your in a union town then price will skyrocket.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I work as a builder and repair offices and various premises, make people's lives better and I like it. Sometimes customers ask me for additional work, so I stay and do these additional repairs that they want from me. I am already used to these types of additional work, they have become like a side hustle for me. Nevertheless, I continue to do my favorite things and make people happy, I like my job and I enjoy it. I even sometimes turning a blind eye to overtime and just work for my pleasure no matter what. The profession I have chosen suits me very well and I do not regret anything. Good luck to all guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts