Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations on project management software that are capable of doing the following:

- Estimates
- Proposals
- Submittals
- Pay applications
- Change Order (time and material)
- Purchase orders
- Work Orders

Thank you in advance for your feedback!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Any recommendations on project management software that are capable of doing the following:

- Estimates
- Proposals
- Submittals
- Pay applications
- Change Order (time and material)
- Purchase orders
- Work Orders

Thank you in advance for your feedback!!
QuickBooks does a lot of the accounting type stuff. Estimating seems to be done with a different software. I use an antiquated software called Vertigraph Bidworx . Bidworx is no longer sold by Vertigraph. But hey, it was expensive at the time, and it is paid for, so I'll stick with it. I do my estimates in Bidworx and then enter the category amounts into a Quickbooks estimate if I get the job. Vertigraph also makes a pretty handy tool called Bidscreen XL, which allows you to enter a pdf blueprint plan in an excel spreadsheet and measure the pertinent items, distances, or areas, and save that information in the spreadsheet. But purchase orders, pay applications (I believe you mean invoices and monthly statements), Contact information, change orders, etc. can all be done easily with QuickBooks at least for a small business. A large construction business may or may not need something fancier.

·
Registered
701 Posts
And another thing (while the coffee is still kicking in) as for true project management software is concerned, I used to use Microsoft Project. I found that it was overkill and did not add much value for the amount of time it took up. Between QuickBooks, Bidworx or other database estimator, (or even Excel) and MS Outlook, I could get everthing done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check out BidQuote Estimating and Online Payments

Finding the right application for you might take some trial and error. There are many choices with a wide range of features. Also, some are much more complex than others.

BidQuote http://getbidquote.com is worth checking out. We developed the application for people with 1-5 employees not looking for anything complex. It provides simple features to create bids, track whether clients are viewing bids (via email), track project payments and notes, as well as collect online payments for your projects.

We built this application based on feedback from family members in the business who wanted an application that was simpler and "more like square for contractors".

·
General Contractor
23 Posts
I think that you will find that a good project management software and accounting software are going to be 2 completely different products.

We like to use Avaza for project management stuff. It does have some good billing and invoicing features as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recommend to use Clubhouse and Freedcamp. Clubhouse is designed for teams working on software projects, and it’s more lightweight than other tools. Or Freedcamp, that provide file sharing and editing, discussion boards, project templates, invoices, etc. I can say that a grouped frequency distribution table which I use for my project could not be edited and sent to someone from my team without Freedcamp. Besides, Freedcamp offers much of its full functionality for free.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts