Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys can you lend me your expertise? I want to put a short test on my web sight to weed out the hacks. Also it might be entertaining for tapers to test their technical knowledge. Can you help me develop some questions? Here is an example- Why do we allways put the next coat on bigger than the last?
So we dont need to blend and feather multiple edges & build up a deap edge thats difficult to sand off.
There is lots of talent on this forum I'm hoping to learn a handy tid bit aswell. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey guys can you lend me your expertise? I want to put a short test on my web sight to weed out the hacks. Also it might be entertaining for tapers to test their technical knowledge. Can you help me develop some questions? Here is an example- Why do we allways put the next coat on bigger than the last?
So we dont need to blend and feather multiple edges & build up a deap edge thats difficult to sand off.
There is lots of talent on this forum I'm hoping to learn a handy tid bit aswell. Thanks for your help
gotta say one question
are you sweating
well if not your doing it wrong:jester:

·
Registered
774 Posts
What grit sandpaper do you use? What brand? Do you use stiltz? Do you have your own tools? Hack and trowl? Knives? Auto? Do you have a license? Vehicle? Do you like sheep?

·
post whore
7,772 Posts
Ask them

whats better,,, paper or metal bead:whistling2:

Is it necessary to pre-fill

do you prefer mesh or paper tape

do you find it better to check for defects before or after they prime

What's better, machine taping or by hand

How long would it take you to tape in a 10,000 sq ft house (provide some detail of house)

Which sheep look more cute, The white or the black ones:eek:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ask them how many felonies they have.(NEVER ask what they are for!:blink:) When do they get their drivers licenses back? Are your tools in pawn for drugs or just to pay your bar tab? Are you willing to learn English?

·
post whore
7,772 Posts
Ask them how many felonies they have.(NEVER ask what they are for!:blink:) When do they get their drivers licenses back? Are your tools in pawn for drugs or just to pay your bar tab? Are you willing to learn English?
i thought that post was funny as all hell

Until I thought about the guys that work for me

·
Does It Work!?
3,292 Posts
Another possible thought is to maybe turn it around a bit, or turn it around a bit as well. Over and above your questions, have them try to list a few questions that they think should be asked of someone, if they were doing the hiring.

·
Average Member
3,145 Posts
How many levels of finish are there?

Describe what it takes to reach each of them.

What's a high shoulder and how do you fix it?

How long does it take 20 minute hot mud to set up? :whistling2:

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
What times Smoko and when do we knock off??
Do we get our daily rolley weed and six cold cans of beer????

Oops, No wait, Thats what you say when you apply for a job, Not hiring or testing someone :blink:

Gaz, Your a true blue auzzie, Were did that line come from then??

·
Registered
774 Posts
I would hire her

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
OMG!.....that can't be real....like seriously?...no way...
What weighs more!? A ton of bricks!? Or ton of feathers!?
Well duh
Everyone knows a ton of bricks weighs more because you need a heavy pallet to carry them and you only need a lightweight cardboard box to carry a ton of feathers :whistling2:

And yes I am joking...... I'm thick but I'm not stupid :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
i had one guy that didnt like to tape..said he had a hard time getting it to stay on the wall..so i made him string tape on one job to see what he was doing wrong...mud was on top of the tape...yep..got to pull the tape to the top in your banjo guys...goes on a lot easier

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
What times Smoko and when do we knock off??
Do we get our daily rolley weed and six cold cans of beer????

Oops, No wait, Thats what you say when you apply for a job, Not hiring or testing someone :blink:

Gaz, Your a true blue auzzie, Were did that line come from then??
You had me Caz didnt have a clue. Googled now I know why. He is not exactly G rated eh.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
i had one guy that didnt like to tape..said he had a hard time getting it to stay on the wall..so i made him string tape on one job to see what he was doing wrong...mud was on top of the tape...yep..got to pull the tape to the top in your banjo guys...goes on a lot easier
Hahaha! That's hillarious! I never even thought of that. I guess that would be a pretty simple mistake for someone to make if they were just starting out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts