Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do a lot of popcorn removal and I’ve only done one that had a concrete ceiling the problem I had was that I could not remove all the dust from the concrete and my texture didn’t bond as goods as I wanted it , I’m looking for someone with some experience in this process of removal from concrete

·
Master Mud Monkey
248 Posts
I just take my floor scraping tool and use it to remove the popcorn on the ceiling. Also before I work on it I used one of those large fine brooms to sweep the dust off of it. If you have the time and the job pays enough glaze it with bags of quick dry so your mud has something to bind onto later. I tried various chemicals to get regular mud to work on concrete ceilings but I still think bags of 45 minute by themselves make the best work area for concrete.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is a familiar situation. Dealing with that kind of filth is no easy task. When I decided to start my own business, I rented a former pizzeria. I wanted to make repairs on my own. But faced with a similar problem on the ceiling, I was confused. Well, friends persuaded me to trust the professionals from ALMIGHTY CONSTRUCTION. So they even made me a parking lot with a retaining wall. Now my clients can park comfortably in all weathers. To avoid unnecessary savings, it is better to entrust any work to professionals.

·
Registered
Popcorn Ceiling Removal, Drywall
2 Posts
Never done a concrete ceiling before but instead of scraping off the popcorn texture, maybe try and skim coat a layer on top to create a smooth surface. It would create a thicker layer but would prevent the dusting problem. If that's not an option, I would recommend suiting up in PPE gear so you don't have to breathe it in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts