• Sur-Stilts/Sur-Pro Magnesium

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Sur 2 (dual arm) Aluminum

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Sur 2 (dual arm) Magnesium

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Sur-Stilt Gorilla Strap

• Generic Aluminum in Purple, Gold, Blue...

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Warner Aluminum

• Warner Magnesium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 6.0%
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious as which brand and type of stilt you all feel comfortable with. Over the last 10 years their have been new brands of stilts and new styles compared to the original Dura-Stilts.

Since then we've seen the following;
Generic Ebay stilts in gold, purple, blue ...
SurStilts/Sur-Pro made with aluminum and magnesium
Sur Stilts Gorilla straps
Skywalker 2 stilts
Warner aluminum & magnesium
And of course Dura-Stilts.

If you could, please take the time to vote in the poll above, then add your input below. :D

·
post whore
7,772 Posts
didn't know there were that many:eek:

All I know is mine are Dura-stilts, what model, not sure, think their almost 20 years old now:whistling2:

Tried those sky walkers once, not fair to comment on them, but I did not care for the feel of them. 2bjr liked them, but not the fact they fell apart on him too fast.

·
Does It Work!?
3,292 Posts
I don't know how much I really trust them, but I use Skywalker 2's. I have to wear them with the leg shafts on the inside though, for them to be comfortable for me, and feel more stable side to side.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know how much I really trust them, but I use Skywalker 2's. I have to wear them with the leg shafts on the inside though, for them to be comfortable for me, and feel more stable side to side.
Interesting. I haven't heard anyone doing that before. hmm

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Had duras, Never liked em, Twisted me up and made me sore, Got skywalkers, Love em, Great, Much more stable and comfortable.

·
Wannabe Woodworker
2,041 Posts
Had dura stilts for ten years and switched to sur stilts doublesided aluminums 10 years ago and must say I prefer the doubles. Sad thing is my personal pais was jacked about 2 weeks ago and havnt been replaced from the sneaky bastrd that borrowed them:censored: Anyways I have been looking at some double mags and really like the gorilla straps but cant get on a doublesided stilt.(gorrilla straps only available on single sided) I may go back to singleside just for the straps. Called sur stilts and they said their straps are much more comfier than the older ones like mine. Who has the sur mags with gorrilla straps? Are they sweet or what? Compaired to a double mag?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Had dura stilts for ten years and switched to sur stilts doublesided aluminums 10 years ago and must say I prefer the doubles. Sad thing is my personal pais was jacked about 2 weeks ago and havnt been replaced from the sneaky bastrd that borrowed them:censored: Anyways I have been looking at some double mags and really like the gorilla straps but cant get on a doublesided stilt.(gorrilla straps only available on single sided) I may go back to singleside just for the straps. Called sur stilts and they said their straps are much more comfier than the older ones like mine. Who has the sur mags with gorrilla straps? Are they sweet or what? Compaired to a double mag?
I've been selling the DoubleSided mags like crazy lately. I'd have thought it would be difficult walking around having a couple extra poles between the legs.:eek:;)
The gorillas have been discontinued (due to a patent lawsuit I believe). The gorillas also wouldn't fit the "larger calves" some tapers have.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
I run with the Skywalkers 2.0. Love them!
I love the snowboard type bindings!
And how easy they are to adjust the height on!
No more having to tell all my guys to stop working so we can find the missing wingnut!

But one of my other guys just doesnt like them for some reason. Prefers the original Marshalltown. Dont know why. So I have mine and he has his!

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Skywalker 2's
Problem is I've lost a lot of weight over the years and my legs are so skinny now that I've glued padding in the top curved part so I can get them to snug fit better.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
I have some weight that you can have Kiwiman:yes:.

For me Skywalker 2 @ the moment. Wore Dura`s for 20 odd years but in my golden years I find the skywalkers more comfy.

·
Registered
774 Posts

·
Wannabe Woodworker
2,041 Posts
10% discount

where do I find promo code for discount? I cant find:blink:all wall or wall tools? Im gettin some stuff:D

·
post whore
7,772 Posts
where do I find promo code for discount? I cant find:blink:all wall or wall tools? Im gettin some stuff:D
You could PM brandon at walltools, deal with him direct, he will answer back:thumbsup:

·
Registered
352 Posts
I use the Marshalltown ones now but had a pair of Dura stilts before that.
The Dura stilts are easiers to stand still on, but harder to walk on when compared to the Skywalkers, which are easy walking but less comfortable standing still (though i might not have mine adjusted right).
The Duras have to be set up vary carefully as its not till you've been on them all day that you noticed that your ankle is aching because your foot is too far forward or backward etc, the Skywalkers don't have that problem.
Dura stilts are easy to balance on as you get higher I think, I don't feel as confident on the skywalkers when i start to extend them,although they look more solid and less likely to break, if that little spring and bolt in the middle of the dura's gives out you're a gone burger.

·
174 Posts
If sur doublesided are same as this 2.1 version, I think is my choice. (have standard cheapys chinese ones but I'd like to get this ones)

1 - 20 of 73 Posts