Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

Do you like the new forum format

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
post whore
7,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can understand wanting to improve something, it's the computer age, we have 1.0 then 1.1 then1.2 etc. but this reminds me of a joke that circled the web a long time ago,,, which was

"If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25 cars that get 1,000 to the gallon."

and gm said if they ran their company like computers then......, every year you would half to learn how to drive again b/c, the gas pedal would be where the brake once was. the steering wheel would be in the back seat. Your car would lock you out for no reason. Your air bag would say "are you sure ?" before going off..... think everyone gets the idea.

Google Chrome and youtube have brought forth this appearance to their sites. But they have not changed the way the sites operate, (like gas pedal where the brake use to be etc.......

So vote plz,

Reactions: DSJOHN

·
Wandering and wondering
721 Posts
I'm not finding it too bad, of course I'm new here :whistling2:
Haven't notice any of the adds midpost as in your siggy line, those would drive me nutz

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
Im getting there with it, But its a bit much, Too much really, Nice old simple DWT was great. But it wont go back.

I tryed to add to gazmans review on the drywallmaster short handle, It still says one review, But now there is two.

·
post whore
7,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not finding it too bad, of course I'm new here :whistling2:
Haven't notice any of the adds midpost as in your siggy line, those would drive me nutz
They were there the 1st day, in the first post of each new page. Mudshark made a comment on them. Maybe Nathan is listening

Nathan

Bring back the "view new post" function............Please

Attachments

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
Hover over the FORUM, top left, Then go down two, New Posts, Is that what you want?? Thats all i do.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
No sir.............I don't like it.
If not logged on I click "Quote" or "Post Reply" then it takes me to the login, then once logged in it doesn't bring up the message box.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I think it is here to stay so the best course will be to compile a list of flaws and see if they can be improved. The search and the new posts are the biggest complaints for me, I too would like a new post button on the bottom.

·
Mudder Lover
1,974 Posts
If it aint broke dont fix it

If it aint broke dont fix it - it wasn't broke before but it certainly is now so needs to be fixed. If it cant be fixed then why not put it back to where it was?

·
post whore
7,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im getting there with it, But its a bit much, Too much really, Nice old simple DWT was great. But it wont go back.

spoken Like a true sheep shagging Kiwi:whistling2:

Be more like a Canuck Cazna, drop the gloves, fight back, you might get a 5 minute penalty for fighting, (time out :whistling2:). but sometimes it is worth it:yes:

Attachments

Reactions: cazna

·
Registered
685 Posts

If it aint broke dont fix it - it wasn't broke before but it certainly is now so needs to be fixed. If it cant be fixed then why not put it back to where it was?

My understanding is Nathan has decided vBulletin is no longer the way to go and has created something different. We all hate change but I love sites like PT and DWT so if it means learning something new to keep the contacts and relationships I have created there I will adjust.

·
Registered
685 Posts
To the guys dealing with ads are you running any kind of site blockers? I do not see hyperlink ads unless I am not logged

·
Does It Work!?
3,292 Posts
This little bit from Planet of the Apes came to mind when I 1st tried to get around here

But I'm getting used to it somewhat.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I didn't have any problems before the change. Now it takes about 10 seconds to open a page up:censored:. I have a 8yr old computer and I guess I need the software updated. Until I have it upgraded I won't spend much time here browsing.

·
post whore
7,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hover over the FORUM, top left, Then go down two, New Posts, Is that what you want?? Thats all i do.
I know, that's the part I hate, it's so stupid:furious::furious::furious: compared to before.

It was one step before, now it's three steps.

So lets compare the new method to construction.

before, (lets pretend we were scraping out a house of drywall) The dump truck was parked up near the house , one step (one toss) and the rock was in the dumpster. (on the next page you wanted to get to.......

Now you got to scroll up (go up flight of stairs). click on forum ( throw it out a window on to the ground) .Click todays post (walk drywall to truck 10 feet away).

It's called common sense to some. We in Construction are always in the hunt to improve production. There was a better way of doing things, now we have gone to a worse way. These web designers must be safety inspectors by day or something......... drives you nutz, seeing something done in a stupid manor.....

Who wants to get frustrated after a long day of work, coming on here. Sure there may be some cute new features, add them on, but don't knock the house down to do it,,,,, if it ain't broke,,,, don't fix it

Think I'm going to become a forum web designer instead,,, looks like there's a need for some good designers:whistling2:

·
Registered
685 Posts
Think I'm going to become a forum web designer instead,,, looks like there's a need for some good designers:whistling2:
Probably good money without breaking a sweat and if you fup you just go to the laptop to fix it, hopefully with adding a call back charge or at least giving a back charge to the server guy. ;)

·
Rock'n Hawk
1,523 Posts
After reading complaints about ads, I decided to turn off my ad blocker. HOLY CRAP there are a lot of ads !:eek: Will be turning it back on PDQ ! And definitely too much clicking going on.:censored: And those hyperlinks sure seem to suggest that the poster is endorsing those products. That doesn't seem right to me.:no:What worries me more is the facebook link. Does that mean if we click on it facebook will share everything you post here with whoever they want ? Privacy issues ?
I agree with 2buck. Why not just add on a feature instead of screwing with everything. Even the colour of the pages make me wanna puke.

I would have been much happier to make a donation if Nathan had just asked. I'm sure many guys on here would do the same.

Even though I consider myself proficient in how a forum works I still find this too much of a headache. After a long day at work and quite brain dead when I log in, the last thing I want to do is have to start work again on navigating through this new set up.

I've been lurking here since the change over. Even that is a pain in the arse !

I want to fly to New Zealand, not swim there !:(

·
Drywall Jedi
303 Posts
It was certainly frustrating the first day or two...and as 2buck says, a lot more steps to get the same results. You really need to "test drive" it a little before casting a ballot though.

I just think it's funny how I see 2buck making posts with screen shots and photo editor tools...and hes the one with the biggest issues on the sites new features! I don't even know how to do that! Lol...go get 'em 2buck!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts