Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard that you need to be careful with smart phones and cold weather. I don't carry my phone (currently a very old flip) in my pocket it lays on my lunch box while I work. The temps can get well below freezing here in PA. So.. smart or stick with flip?

I know as a hanger I put a lot of miles on my shoes. I am looking for footwear that seams don't come apart and the sole doesn't come unglued. What brand/shoe has held up the best for you?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I myself wear thorogood wedgesole boots and my current phone is an iPhone 7. Which has a cracked screen and the speakers are full of drywall mud haha had a otter box but took it off my phone, great decision on my behalf the phone went from near mint to garbage in a few months

·
Registered
685 Posts
Look for military spec cell phones, they'll handle drywall with no problems. Footwear I'm like Philly, I wear Thorogood 814-4200. Very little break in time on them.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I’m using an iPhone 5s in an otter box armor. It’s an outdated phone but it meets my needs. The otter box armor case is a real bruiser.
My boots cost as much as my phone.
I’m wearing Red Wing 608 boots.
Their a bit pricey but they wear like crazy. I usually get two years out of a pair. I find them very comfortable the souls don’t have deep lugs and the material they use doesn’t wear out. Still American made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I was a flip phone hold out for a long time. I’m much happier with the smart phone. It’s like having your computer in your pocket.
It will change your life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I'm the wife of said hanger. I have been trying to get him to get a smart phone for years but he has NO desire to learn how to use a smart phone or the computer. I'm here looking for what works for others.
As for the boots I think I will see what he thinks about them. How do the sizes run? Buying without trying on is not his thing.
He has been hanging for close to 35 years and set in his ways.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I showed him the boots. He says he won't be able to feel anything wearing them. So I guess he is gonna stick with his Filas that only last 3-5 months. Thanks for your input!

·
Master Mud Monkey
164 Posts
Lmao my feet got bigger in my early twenties... anyway I wear size fourteen double wide. I buy my steel toe shoes from redwing. I just make sure the shoes I buy can have the soles replaced.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ð*емонт квартир Тюмень

Фирма «Уют-Ма�тер» предлагает профе��иональный, каче�твенный ремонт на �амых выгодных у�лови�х. Каждый клиент �может выбрать любой вид отделки. К примеру, ко�метиче�кую. Пред�тавл�ет �обой проведение оперативных работ: оклейку обо�ми, нат�жные потолки, побелку, напольное покрытие. Что ка�ает�� �тоимо�ти, то она напр�мую зави�ит от площади помещени�, объема выполн�емых работ. Бригада при�тупает к выполнению об�занно�тей уже на �ледующий день дл� того, чтобы у�петь в�е �делать за короткое врем�.

Ð*емонт квартир в Тюмени можно выполнить Ñ�коном клаÑ�Ñ�а. Он предуÑ�матривает демонтаж, кладку плитки. Ð’Ñ�е работы можно заказать по оптимальной цене. Бригадир научит ваÑ� моментам, при которых можно Ñ�Ñ�кономить. Что каÑ�аетÑ�Ñ� капитального ремонта, то он предполагает выполнение полного цикла работ, которые можно дополнить Ñ�лектромонтажными, Ñ�антехничеÑ�кими уÑ�лугами. Фирма также предлагает и такую важную уÑ�лугу, как мебель на заказ в Тюмени. Любые поручениÑ� выполнÑ�ÑŽÑ‚Ñ�Ñ� узкопрофильными маÑ�терами Ñ� огромным Ñ�тажем работ. ДизайнерÑ�кий ремонт включает разработку проекта. Подробнее об Ñ�том Ð’Ñ‹ можете узнать по Ñ�Ñ�ылке - оÑ�текление балкона тюмень Задачей дизайнера Ñ�влÑ�етÑ�Ñ� проработка проÑ�транÑ�тва. ПоÑ�тому вмеÑ�те Ñ� клиентом формируетÑ�Ñ� тех. задание, обмерочный чертеж. ПредлагаютÑ�Ñ� варианты цветовой гаммы, Ñ�тиль. ДлÑ� того, чтобы концепциÑ� полноÑ�тью Ñ�оответÑ�твовала задуманному, рекомендуетÑ�Ñ� выбрать авторÑ�кий надзор. Так веÑ�ÑŒ процеÑ�Ñ� будет курироватьÑ�Ñ�.

Лучшие и компетентные Ñ�отрудники разработают общую концепцию помещениÑ�, а также подÑ�кажут, где лучше раÑ�положить розетки, Ñ�ветильники длÑ� вашего комфорта и удобÑ�тва. Правильный подход к работе и гарантирует отменный результат. Ð*емонт выполнÑ�етÑ�Ñ� оперативно, качеÑ�твенно и по хорошей цене.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've heard that you need to be careful with smart phones and cold weather. I don't carry my phone (currently a very old flip) in my pocket it lays on my lunch box while I work. The temps can get well below freezing here in PA. So.. smart or stick with flip?

I know as a hanger I put a lot of miles on my shoes. I am looking for footwear that seams don't come apart and the sole doesn't come unglued. What brand/shoe has held up the best for you?
Hello everyone In fact, the problem with cold and phones is a very painful topic. This is especially true for iPhones up to 8 models. Despite this, there is a solution to this problem and it is quite simple. There are bags that are warmed up due to their filler and keep warm, most often they are put in shoes, but I think that this case is also suitable. By the way here at www.gadgetguide.in one hundred percent should be information about how to solve this problem, they are constantly there on the forums there is a good solution to everyday problems related to phones. So go in and see if you can find products that will help you. Good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts