Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get an outside 90 roller for no coat. I see that no coat makes one that has tapered rollers that sells for $250+
Then there's the standard rollers that most companies offer for around $100. Is it worth the extra expense to get the no coat roller or will the generic roller work?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
never even see an outside roller in my 40+yrs of mudding. lol must be for that new tape on bead crap? anyhow if its for a business always get the better tool.
Funny. That's what I say about the generic vinyl corner bead that's sold locally.

I know you're right the better tool. I always regret going the cheap route. It's just instinct to look for the cheaper tool:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
For No-Coat sticks I bought a Columbia Corner Cobra, the angle is adjustable for off angles. I have used it on a couple whole houses and it works pretty good. Might add a fixed 90 to the arsenal on the next one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Columbia Corner Cobra. My dad's Been using it. He's an old bead master. Loves it, we dont use it much. But when we do it pays for itself. We also use the flat applicator to apply the mud to both sides of the angle. The no coat floats perfectly into the angle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts