Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...
I just finished skim coating over an inconsistent texture on the walls with three coats. So far so good. After sanding there were a few spots that I knew I would need to touch up after priming. However after I sprayed primer on the walls and took a closer look while drying I notice these small dimples or what seem to be popped air bubbles everywhere on the wall. I know that I had left a couple spots with pin holes on the drywall from the mud but these are different. I attached some pictures as well as the primer that was used. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey all...
I just finished skim coating over an inconsistent texture on the walls with three coats. So far so good. After sanding there were a few spots that I knew I would need to touch up after priming. However after I sprayed primer on the walls and took a closer look while drying I notice these small dimples or what seem to be popped air bubbles everywhere on the wall. I know that I had left a couple spots with pin holes on the drywall from the mud but these are different. I attached some pictures as well as the primer that was used. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Scrape them down , add a little water to some compound and recoat, compound was likely a little thick

·
Registered
11 Posts
Drywall compound will leave pin holes overtop of existing painted surfaces.

On unpainted surfaces, moisture from filler will absorb into wall, on painted surfaces moisture exits through these holes.

Keep skimming

1 - 6 of 6 Posts