Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Does It Work!?
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought it might be about time to start putting something out there regarding the title I’ve given this thread, to move things further some, and thought I’d start 1st on DWT.

Going off challenges/problems I’ve found when taping, and the problems (and at times wishful thinking) you guys have mentioned: As a project for my innovation company (the company I mentioned back in January, that I’m taking from being part-time to more fulltime in this new year), I’ve been working on different power system designs for delivering mud to the wall.

A few things on them:
= As well as regular muds, one system is designed to also work with chemical set compounds, like hot muds.
= Texturing, painting with the systems should also work, based on what I’ve seen so far with them. (I don’t want to make big claims about such things, but from what I’ve seen so far, I think they’ll do a nice job of it - at least based on what I consider to be ‘a nice job’. But I’ll leave that one up to others to decide for themselves, for their situations.)
= I was able to use a decent amount of off the shelf components (with some modifications to some things), so they should be able to be built cheap to cheap enough, and so could sell cheap (or cheap enough).
= I was able to build one system that was hoseless, so no dragging hoses around with that one. The others are hosed.

One thing I’m wondering is how many of you other machine tapers would take to having conversion kits so you could run things like your existing tapers and angle boxes with such systems when wanted (along with the already known way of running converted mud boxes with such systems), rather than having to buy specialized tools if one doesn’t want to.

I’m talking conversion kits that wouldn’t mess with the operating of those tools when running them in the way one now does (and you could continue to use those tools in the way one normally does, when wanted).
Or would more dedicated attachments make more sense to you, especially if they possibly delivered enough value to maybe warrant it. Eg. Attachments that would extend easily enough, when the extra reach might be nice to have.

Anything else come to mind that you might think such conversion kits for mud feeding could be useful/handy for you? Eg. With mud tubes? MudRunners? Banjos? ........?

·
Does It Work!?
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would definitely want a conversion kit i already know the tools i run so to hook up and gain speed im all in.
My thoughts as well on it.

But there's some things I wouldn't mind being able to reach further with at times. Eg. Taper.

Maybe an extension like TapeTech makes (or made) for their Bazooka might make sense at times(?) With the taper's weight reduced some because of it being fed, handling something like that better might be feasible, easier on the body.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Just the reduced weight would be a game changer. I can easily do 10 'ceilings now my guys can reach that off stilts so it works good. Angles and boxing would be the big help no running back to pump adds up to more production

·
Does It Work!?
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just the reduced weight would be a game changer. I can easily do 10 'ceilings now my guys can reach that off stilts so it works good. Angles and boxing would be the big help no running back to pump adds up to more production
"Game changer" - That's the kind of innovation I'm interested in, focused on.
But there's times I'll take a little less. :)

I hear you on the weight, and the height. With the changes in construction - eg. a lot more higher ceilings than in the past - it seems there needs a change up some in the equipment to better deal with it (before one hurts himself/hurts himself too much).

·
Does It Work!?
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Does It Work!?
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I can fill all my mud tools with a push button wireless as well..tube,boxs,bango :thumbup:
Sounds like you maybe went down one line of thought I'd had(?)

So for the push button wireless, what are you using? A remote operated power feed connector to whatever pump system you're running?

·
Does It Work!?
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
post whore
7,772 Posts
I’m talking conversion kits that wouldn’t mess with the operating of those tools when running them in the way one now does (and you could continue to use those tools in the way one normally does, when wanted).
Or would more dedicated attachments make more sense to you, especially if they possibly delivered enough value to maybe warrant it. Eg. Attachments that would extend easily enough, when the extra reach might be nice to have.
I would say a non dedicated system, always better to give the worker the option to use or not. Big job use it, stupid basement job don't.....

Your going to need someone to test the system for you justme:D:yes::thumbup::whistling2:

Reactions: JustMe

·
Does It Work!?
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Adding up the cost of those mini and maxi length guns, and throw in a regular sized TT one as well from All-Wall:

1,279.00 + 1,279.00 + 1,279.00 = 3,837.00 U.S.

Round that up to 4,000.00, for shipping - although we get a 10% discount for DWT members.

And 3 bazookas to haul in, clean, and haul out again.

But at least you'd have a backup of sorts. :)

·
Does It Work!?
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would say a non dedicated system, always better to give the worker the option to use or not. Big job use it, stupid basement job don't.....

Your going to need someone to test the system for you justme:D:yes::thumbup::whistling2:
So what am I - inexperienced(?) :)

But since you have had some input into it already over the last while.........

As for 'non dedicated', one thought I'm having with at least bazookas is that at least those who aren't used to running them might find it handier to have a taping attachment that can extend, retract while running tapes, and for less money and less likelihood of break downs, while not having the problems so much that can come with running a taper.

·
Does It Work!?
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
stupid basement job don't.....
At least the hoseless one should make sense to use in even a 'stupid basement'. (As much sense as a regular bazooka, anyway, I'd say). It'll also run further than a regular bazooka, if want to load it up.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts