Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm renovating a 4600 sq ft, 3 story house in Sullivan County, NY and am just starting the drywall.

I'm hoping to get some advice/tip/tricks.

Here's a shot of today's work on the 3rd floor -- knee walls about 54" tall, then angled up to the 9' ceiling; dormers on all 4 sides.

Any suggestions, corrections, advice? Should I be using trimtex or some other material/devices/solutions to assist with the joints?

Thank you!

Joseph

·
Registered
20 Posts
that looks like a doozy of an angle. like he said no coat. its called strait flex around here though. plastic paper hybrid type stuff. its temperamental to use though. for inside corners you want to under bend just a touch and outside over bend. it has some memory to it and can pull away from mud if not tempered for angle. if that makes sense.

dont worry if they dont come out strait. you can always round them with rubber knife. and dont use it on outside corners unless you have no nailers. metal is still king!

·
Registered
20 Posts
and only use 12fters! you make way more work for yourself with all those butts.

cut the rock and bevel back edge to get tight 45 corners like those. be gentle too. nail the edges and screw the center of the boards. cuphead drywall nails only too imo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts