Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just wanted to introduce myself. I've been in the business for 20 years. Mainly hanging with a bit of painting every now and then. Have a great crew of guys that hang with me. Was thinking of checking out the North Dakota scene, so any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, have really enjoyed reading some of the posts. Interesting stuff.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Welcome JSwat!
If you have a sense of humour you'll do just fine on here!:thumbup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
myself i'am a new guy here too
But you know what great bunch of lad's here ..I go to work have a good laugh with my crew come home and this place gives me a laugh too..........oh s**t
does that mean I am an workaholic.. my wife say's that's all i think about
i say no there''s wine, prime rib, hockey,fishing and sex what else is left:)
welcome hope you have loads of work where your going:thumbsup:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey just wanted to introduce myself. I've been in the business for 20 years. Mainly hanging with a bit of painting every now and then. Have a great crew of guys that hang with me. Was thinking of checking out the North Dakota scene, so any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, have really enjoyed reading some of the posts. Interesting stuff.
What I've hear about the ND scene is make sure you have a place to stay ahead of time. Motel 6's go for $190 a night there Monday thru Fri.
The Pay isn't much more than in Minnesota, but you'll keep busy to make up the difference for a long time.
Most of my local customers are going out there to work for contractors who already purchased a house to stay in. (room & board) And they'll keep them busy for weeks to come.

Good luck.

·
Registered
60 Posts
What I've hear about the ND scene is make sure you have a place to stay ahead of time. Motel 6's go for $190 a night there Monday thru Fri.
The Pay isn't much more than in Minnesota, but you'll keep busy to make up the difference for a long time.
Most of my local customers are going out there to work for contractors who already purchased a house to stay in. (room & board) And they'll keep them busy for weeks to come.

Good luck.
Actually, I heard from a few guys that came into the shop today that ND is paying nearly double what people on bidding on in MN. Still the downside is getting a place to stay.
Good luck!

·
Registered
959 Posts
yep. I had the "talk" with my wife last night, I think I finally have the go ahead. If you're serious, hit me up sometime soon. I plan on going out there in a couple weeks to scope it out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts