Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Mudgician
18 Posts
But if the painter doesn't use a quality primer or enough primer, your mud will flash through the finish. And this stuff helps eliminate that. Am I the only one on here that has joints flash through the paint? So many times the joint isn't as shiny as the rest of the wall. N/M has eliminated that for me. The painters have noticed, too. And I didn't have to do anything labor intensive beyond dumping a couple ounces of stuff in a five on the skim coat.
Well Tim, that is something that comes with a lvl.3 finish and painters have to accommodate that as well. The texture between the mud and drywall changes when you sand and it also depends on how much you fur up the drywall from rubbing it. If they don't want to see the difference then do a lvl.5 finish and charge them more. Critical lighting is also an enemy of ours that makes a job different from the next.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I'm not talking where the paper is burred. I'm talking how the primer/paint absorbs into the mud as compared to the paper. Doesn't matter if you are talking textured walls or smooth. Level three, four or five. It all absorbs the same. Paper is different than mud.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Wondering what kind of primer and paint is used behind you. Ben Moore? Just about everybody around here uses Sherwin Williams.

·
Mudgician
18 Posts
Not sure but I know there is a wide variety of brands and only the quality painters know which ones work the best.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I have some of this stuff that I keep forgetting to try. I am interested in the sealing claim so when I get around to it I will have to come back to this thread.

Reactions: 2buckcanuck
41 - 50 of 50 Posts