Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
post whore
7,772 Posts
:yes::yes:
What is Never-Miss Drywall Coloring Gel?

Never-Miss is a breakthrough technology for tinting drywall joint compound and drywall mud for the purpose of providing extreme visibility during final touch up work, sanding, and Level 4 / Level 5 finishing. The Never-Miss formula has a priming effect that helps to eliminate paint flashing and joint shadowing, thus improving the quality of the job and helping the work to be done right the first time. This unique joint compound additive helps drywall finishers consistently achieve high-end smooth wall finishes with complete accuracy while saving time and money. Unlike food coloring, carpenters chalk, or other inferior alternatives, Never-Miss uses a specific non-toxic formula for drywall joint compound that is proven to not bleed through the paint or impregnate the gypsum board in anyway.

Easy to see - Ideal for touch-ups and tracking the progress of drywall finishing

Mix in a mud pan for small touch ups, or in a 5 gallon bucket of mud for large jobs

Acts as a Primer and reduces flashing and shadowing of joints

Helps to achieve a high-end smooth wall finish: Level 4, Level 5

Applies as high-visibility color – Sands to a pale color

Does not bleed through paint or impregnate into the gypsum board

Blends easier and works better than other tinting alternatives (i.e. chalk, paint, die, etc.)

Never-Miss Coloring Gel Solves Drywall Finishing Problems

As all drywall finishers know “touch up and tracking” is both a tedious and time consuming part of drywall finishing. It’s costly, labor intensive and time consuming. Not to mention, at this phase in the process the work is being evaluated and your performance and quality is under inspection (whether by you, or the builder.) Make sure your finish stands up to the test and expedite the touch-up process. Use Never-Miss, and never miss a spot again.

Using Never-Miss Coloring Gel at the start leads to better quality control at the finish, and increased productivity every step of the way. When adding Never-Miss Coloring Gel to your joint compound you will be able to keep track of every last spot on the wall – easily see where you have worked and what areas still need attention. Being able to see the touch up spots quickly and easily saves the drywall finisher time, increases quality, and leads to many hours saved in labor. The benefits lead to bottom-line savings for the contractor, by speeding up the finishing time, decrease labor expense, and increase quality.

Smooth Wall just got easier

A large majority of the homes and buildings today require a smooth finish, or what is known as a Level 4 or Level 5 finish. Never-Miss helps you achieve a high-end, smooth finish by helping to eliminate flashing or shadowing of your joints. Mixing Never-Miss into your joint compound for the “skim coat or final coat” phases helps insure a flash and shadow free job by helping to eliminate sanding through the top coat and keeping an “even” coat across all panels. Contractors can expect to save much time, energy, and expensive when using Never-Miss to achieve a high-end, smooth finish.

Eliminate “White Out” Syndrome

Trying to find touch up areas in the final sanding phases can be very difficult, especially when everything looks white and seems to blend in. Locating the white areas of the wall that still need to be touched up can be challenging when you are battling with the white of the compound, the white of the lightning, and white of areas that have already been sanding. Eliminate the “White Out” syndrome and find touch-up spots quickly and easily with Never-Miss. Different members of your finishing crew will be able to work in harmony, rather than going over each other work. Tracking your works becomes much easier whether working by yourself or with a large crew on a big project.

How to use Never-Miss

For large jobs:

Mix thoroughly 1.5 oz of Never-Miss Color Gel (half of our 3 oz bottle) to one 5 gallon bucket of joint compound. Mix together well. Apply joint compound to finish coats and skim coats as normal. As the joint compound is drying, Never-Miss Color Gel dries and rises to the surface of the joint compound. This allows for the color to be sanded away with ease, leaving your un-sanded areas more visible. Color will not bleed through paint, and Never-Miss Color Gel actually acts as a primer to the finished joints, helping to eliminate flashing and shadowing.

For small jobs:

Mix thoroughly 3 to 4 drops of Never-Miss Color Gel to one Mud Pan full of joint compound. Mix together well with Taping Knife. Apply joint compound to finish coats and skim coats as normal. As the joint compound is drying, Never-Miss Color Gel dries and rises to the surface of the joint compound. This allows for the color to be sanded away with ease, leaving your un-sanded areas more visible. Color will not bleed through paint, and Never-Miss Color Gel actually acts as a primer to the finished joints, helping to eliminate flashing and shadowing. After sanding, the color is complely pail and is easily covered with paint.
Use to patch painted walls too. No need for priming.
:thumbup:
Well since captain sheetrock or Justme are not on this site as often, I shall try to fill their shoes for one post, and be blunt. I call Bull chit on this product ACTING as a primer and eliminating flashing and shadowing.

To quote your post " Never-Miss helps you achieve a high-end, smooth finish by helping to eliminate flashing or shadowing of your joints. Mixing Never-Miss into your joint compound for the “skim coat or final coat” phases helps insure a flash and shadow free job by helping to eliminate sanding through the top coat and keeping an “even” coat across all panels."

Sounds more like a proper sanding job eliminates the flashing and shadowing, not the product it self. Then else where in your post you state it ACTS as a primer. So it acts like a primer but it is not a primer ??????

To be fair, everything else you state about your product I will not contest, but the elimination of shadowing and flashing I will......

I would say send a bottle to PT so he can test the product and take pics, but his list is getting long with request. Maybe another DWT member who primes behind their work a lot, may be able to test it. (I don't)

I say, finish one side/half of a wall with never miss, then the other side with said tapers regular finish....... Prime..... and see if there is a difference.

Are you willing to play with us getrdone:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Well, 2buck, I will say I have used it in the middle of a smooth wall where they had to cut a hole for something or another. It was about two feet square. Probably more like two feet by thirty two inches. I used it on the final coat and sanded like normal and put one coat of eggshell paint on it. No primer. Put one more coat over it and it was gone. The patch was in a long hallway with a window on one end and a door with a window on the other end. North/ south hallway. But still good light. There is no flashing (sheen difference) in the patch. It completely disappeared. I used the yellow. Worked for me in the U.S. May not work that way in Canada. But your walleye fishing is the best!! :thumbsup:

·
Wannabe Woodworker
2,041 Posts
Ahhh. You're just fishin with the wrong bait Tim. What is your state record for Walleye in Iowa?

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I have one hanging on the wall in my office that is 32" long. Well a replica. I measured and took a couple pictures and sent in so they could make a replica. I caught it in northern Minnesota. There are some really nice ones hanging out in the DesMoines river. Just not as plentiful as in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Canada and maybe Idaho?

·
Wannabe Woodworker
2,041 Posts
32" is a big fish. :yes: They're probably not as plentiful here in Idaho but we do have some big ones as the state record shows. Anyways back to the subject of never miss product, most of the times painters don't prime before they do their touch up paints, even though it's not our job to make sure they do if there is a product out there that helps with patches showing it's worth giving it a shot. :thumbsup:

·
Average Member
3,145 Posts
I asked my supply house about Never-Miss.

I got......Huh?:blink:

I should open my own f***ing supply house.

These guys don't do anything other than maintain the status quo. Oh, and they have donuts on Friday morning:thumbsup:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Not to hurt anyones feeling the only thing nevermiss is good for is checking out work on primer because i coulden't remember for the life of me where i put a little patch if it's yellow i'll see it if its white, then someone will have to patch my patch. so thats the only use i see for it.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I always rip a piece of blue masking tape off a roll and stick that on next to the touch up (used to use tiny post-it notes before that) , Its extremely hard to miss although takes longer to apply than nevermiss, once sanded I pull the blue masking tape off and the touch up disappears...

·
harve
361 Posts
never miss

I use Never/Miss all the time. It won't bleed through paint and the best part about it is, when the painter has already primed and you touch up with it, he doesn't need to prime over the mud. It seals it where two coats of satin paint will cover it. It is great stuff.
We use it in our skim coat mud. That way all of the joints are covered with color. Serves a couple purposes. You can see scratches better with it. You know if you oversand an area if you sand to the white. And it seals the mud and helps with joint flash. Almost eliminates it. You would be amazed how much better it works with a little color in the mud. They also have a product called Final Coat that is great for level 5 finish. Spray on with an airless. Two coats of paint and you are done. Works as a great primer under or over texture, too.
i'll check it out thanks- sounds like abetter job the food coloring. as far as final coat- its the bomb- denny naulder in clearfield utah use to shoot it, a little harder then hamilton but faster better and easier then rolling and skimming. thanks for the insight or insite or line of site or, well thamks.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
just use lafarge brown for point ups....
The difference is the sealing of the mud. The joint flashing through the satin paint. (duller finish where the mud is) You won't have that with N/M.
You will be amazed how happy the painters are. They get tired of blaming us for the joint flash. Or more like I get tired of them blaming me for the joint flash because they use too cheap of primer or not enough. N/M is worth that to me!

·
Mudgician
18 Posts
Has anybody had any experience with this Never-Miss on touch up or suggest something else that want bleed through paint. I would like to know the pro's and con's
Thanks
I haven't had any experience with N-M or anything bleeding through paint. I don't have many touch ups usually and when I do, I only use tint when the primer is close to the same color as the mud and I only use just enough tint to make the patches visible. I don't touch up over finished mud because you always end up with islands so I will always wait til the painter primes.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
But if the painter doesn't use a quality primer or enough primer, your mud will flash through the finish. And this stuff helps eliminate that. Am I the only one on here that has joints flash through the paint? So many times the joint isn't as shiny as the rest of the wall. N/M has eliminated that for me. The painters have noticed, too. And I didn't have to do anything labor intensive beyond dumping a couple ounces of stuff in a five on the skim coat.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts