Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
used my 13 super flex for the first time on a little job, oh man. its a game changer. feels so nice in my hand! my 11 and my Nela hawk show up on Tuesday i do believe:)

·
Registered
219 Posts
i paper tape everything then throw the beads on and coat the butts and beads with hot mud on my first day. second day i did everything with it. for my first coat on the flat it does such a nice job. i have been trying really hard to eliminate a curve trowel from my system over the last 2 years. the flex of the Nela really helped hide most of the high shoulders on the first pass.

I do'nt do any plaster work except skimming an entire wall. but i would gladly give away my old wore in Marshalltown trowels after using these bad boys.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I got a Nela superlfex trowel. 14 x 4.3 I believe it is. This trowel is great for building out butt joints or coating terrible joints. It's hard to make a tight skim with this trowel but its excellent for coating. I'm going to try to get another Nela trowel but not super flex. Is 4.75 the only width they come in?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
CSR now has 4" & 4.5" wide Nela trowels in a variety of lengths.

We are also stocking Nela Pipe and Pool Trowels.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I sill love my marshalltown golds. I did try the BeroXpert BiFlex Finishing Trowels 12" & 14". good floating Trowels.

BUT my dad took my old marshalltowns. the ones drop bent the corners. and jest cut corners off to Mach the BeroXpert BiFlex.

work jest the same. lol :whistling2:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I also use to love curved trowels. good for bead/flats. building up butts. but now I know I can coat bead without lift offs with the flat trowels. its all side flick floating boat.:yes:

·
Registered
209 Posts
mr crs!
looking for 14" by 14" A. Richard Ergo-Grip Aluminum Drywall Hawk with Swivel Ring System.

the 13' by 13'. jest to small for me. cant find them anywhere . :mad:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Bob,

Thanks for making the long trip to visit us, it was a pleasure to meet you. I hope you enjoy your new tools and reach out to us if you require any assistance.

thanks, Brad

·
BTF
222 Posts
Thanks Brad, i enjoyed the visit and the products, was very happy to find high quality tools ( i almost went crazy buying ).

Hope to see you another time,

All the best.

·
Registered
209 Posts
eazyrizla,

A.Richard no longer has a 14" x 14" Hawk, there largest is a 13" x 13".

May I recommend the Kraft Pro-Form Hawk. Its 14" x 14" with a hollow handle so you can hang it on your baker.

Follow the link below for more details

thanks, Brad
[email protected]

http://csrbuilding.ca/product/kraft-magnesium-hawk-proform-handle/
ya I got the Kraft Pro-Form Hawk. 14" x 14". It's meant for stucco. not mudding, 50 bucks down the drain. Thanks Brad, useless!
I really thought you knew what you were talking about. :furious:

·
Registered
219 Posts
ya I got the Kraft Pro-Form Hawk. 14" x 14". It's meant for stucco. not mudding, 50 bucks down the drain. Thanks Brad, useless!
I really thought you knew what you were talking about. :furious:
What seems to be the problem?? I have been ussing one for a year now and love it. No more wasting money on cheap aluminium hawks:)

21 - 40 of 64 Posts