Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Mudder Lover
1,974 Posts
I agree with PT and Moore. You need to get up close and personal with each screw and be ready to make those little improvements on that first coat. :yes:

Personally I have been doing the "hand job" for a while now. :whistling2:

·
Mudder Lover
1,974 Posts
So use my eastwing first then hit with the nailspotter:thumbup:
:eek: Using a hammer to sink screws is not a good idea. By doing so you just lessened that screws holding ability and can cause problems down the road.

I always carry a phillips screwdriver in my back pocket when doing my first coat. It may take a slight bit longer but it is done right. :yes:

·
post whore
7,772 Posts
Using a hammer to sink screws is not a good idea. By doing so you just lessened that screws holding ability and can cause problems down the road.

I always carry a phillips screwdriver in my back pocket when doing my first coat. It may take a slight bit longer but it is done right.
Holy, aren't we rich, Lives on a boat and works for the drywallers for free:blink:

If it was my own work, then maybe I would use a screw driver to adjust the screws, but then again, my drywall work is so PERFECT, so there is no need to.....:whistling2:

But if it's a so called professional boardman, who is making the same rate in pay as me, then to hell if I'm going to do his job for him. It's called a knife in one hand, and a ball peen hammer in the other hand. If they don't like it, then they can send the rocker back:furious:

Are you guys calling missed screws fuzzys?
I must admit I have never heard the term fuzzys before, maybe with all that deep cold snow surrounding Moose boy, it has got him thinking about sheep:eek:

So lets hear some of the slang terms........I have heard.....

Tabs, Misses, missed screws, Burrs, and mouse tits:yes:

Reactions: gordie
1 - 20 of 37 Posts