Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1018 Posts

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that there is a "my treat of the week" thread. But with the current search I couldnt find it.

So here is my treat of the week. Laying flat on my back screwing the sheets over the existing roof was hell. I will post more later.

Attachments

·
post whore
7,772 Posts
How long are those bloody sheets:eek: I don't see no butt joints on the left side.

Bet you a beer would taste good after that job, looks hot out too

Reactions: moore

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
They would be 6m, or 20f for you, Drywall?? On exterior eves??That wouldnt last long here, It would be soggy and saggy within months, Even days at certain times of the year, We get sideways rain, even upwards rain sometimes. (Wind with rain incase your wondering).Even if rain didnt hit it, That would still load up with moisture. It would have to be cement board, That comes with tapered edges or plastic joiners.

We just finished painting this 100year old villa.
And i loved every minute, Great job, Great people to work for, Makes all the difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
They would be 6m, or 20f for you, Drywall?? On exterior eves??That wouldnt last long here, It would be soggy and saggy within months, Even days and certain times of the year, We get sideways rain, even upwards rain sometimes. (Wind with rain incase your wondering).Even if rain didnt hit it, That would still load up with moisture. It would have to be cement board, That comes with tapered edges or plastic joiners.
Actually I was going to say the same thing, but I'm guessing in Gaz's neck of the woods you would get more moisture in the air from the spilt beer at the local watering hole :eek:

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are going to use colour bond folded around the edges. It will cover.the timber and lap over the roof sheeting and the ceiling.

The sheets on the left are only 16 foot. They run across the furring chanel.

The sheets are Aquacheck, it is designed for wet areas. They are only available up to 4.8m. Thats why the butt in the middle bay. That rebate mate is good.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
They are going to use colour bond folded around the edges. It will cover.the timber and lap over the roof sheeting and the ceiling.

The sheets on the left are only 16 foot. They run across the furring chanel.

The sheets are Aquacheck, it is designed for wet areas. They are only available up to 4.8m. Thats why the butt in the middle bay. That rebate mate is good.:thumbup:
The colour of the board deceived me, here the aquaboard is green.
I'm looking forward to the rebate mate catching on here, actually I don't think it has been marketed here yet.

·
Wallboard Tools Australia
109 Posts
The RebateMate tool should be available through Manners Trading and Trowel Trade stores in NZ. Don't think they have many stocked but they at least have a couple in Auckland.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Trowel trades have em, Is it "stopper" from dunedin has one. He posts here and has mentioned it but as usual they are another over priced tool for us, Around the $800 mark for a glora fide anglegrinder, And you need a vac, They wont get used in my area, Not a hope in hell of it, I would like to hire one later on in the year when i do my house for a go but wouldnt know who to ask, Maybe troweltrades have a lender model.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
More pics. The joins on the top level overlaping the bottom level are a pain in the butt. I cant even fit a trowel in there:eek:.

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
More pics. The joins on the top level overlaping the bottom level are a pain in the butt. I cant even fit a trowel in there:eek:.

They'll never be seen but if you're really keen you could shove a broadknife into a pipe & screw or duct tape it if you don't have a knife with a threaded end.

Glue & props where you cant get a driver in?

1 - 20 of 1018 Posts