Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fun stuff.. gotta love carpenters! Walked into this job just knowing I needed four stick of 8' bullnose bead and 1 stick of bullnose arch bead.. This is my project...lol

a close up!

The arch bead!!! sigh... Here, You can see how far away the flange of the bead is from the wall..Thats the position the bead needs to be in... hahaha,, fml

The gaps on the side...

·
Registered
875 Posts
i cant really describe confill adequately if you have never used it. i think as long as he loaded the **** out of it(wich he would have had to) it will bridge the gap fine. i would have added a ton of wood glue to my first mix. and then as long as there was lots of tape over all the joints and i mean LOTS of tape it will probably be bomber. its an old house fron the looks of it and long since settled. won't be a problem unless some kid rides a bike into it or someone slams furniture into it which would ruin anything.

·
Mudder Lover
1,974 Posts
Cazna - we use a fair bit of it in these parts. It is great stuff and can usually correct a bad boarding job.

We use it a lot on filling the tub and shower surrounds as well. The stuff has some reinforcing fibres in it, and I googled it one time and found it was 45% Plaster of Paris. So the stuff sets fast and sets hard.

It seems to have worked well for that job that forced showed us.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thx guys... yes, Confill is awesome stuff... I Have been using it for as long as I can remember.
Carpentaper.... good eye! Blanca and 3rd... and yes... I double and tripled up the fiba tape on all of that crap just in case... although I have heard of tapers not using tape when using confill, they say because of the reinforcing fibers in it you dont have too. But im not trusting them... and I allways tape it, better safe than sorry.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts