Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Mudder Lover
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the metal corner bead the homeowner had came in handy after all. I asked him to get some "shiny 90" as we call the metal angle and he got the heavier gauge that wont take screws. He had this metal corner bead so we put it to good use.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Well the metal corner bead the homeowner had came in handy after all. I asked him to get some "shiny 90" as we call the metal angle and he got the heavier gauge that wont take screws. He had this metal corner bead so we put it to good use.

Hahaha! That's pretty well all i'd use them for as well. :jester:

·
Mudder Lover
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hear ya PT - I took that one off where he tried to apply a 10 foot metal bead in an 11 foot space. It will get a 12 foot paper faced metal tommorow at 7am. Dont know why homeowners keep buying this stuff. I think most of them hate to get mud on their hands. :(

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
I hear ya PT - I took that one off where he tried to apply a 10 foot metal bead in an 11 foot space. It will get a 12 foot paper faced metal tommorow at 7am. Dont know why homeowners keep buying this stuff. I think most of them hate to get mud on their hands. :(
People just don't know man....They don't know.
Same with the job im taping right now. The GC installed all metal beads everywhere...I was so mad! lol.
He was like "they're stronger, and cheaper"
I was like "omg....they are not stronger...at all, and I have 6 boxes of Vinyl beads sent to me by Trim-Tex sitting at home which I could have supplied for free!"
Contractor was like "oh...." lol

·
Wannabe Woodworker
2,041 Posts
What do you anti metal users use when kerfing doors? Windows?? Do they make a kerf style in vinyl or tape on

·
Registered
285 Posts
SlimPickins said:
What is a kerf bead good sir? J bead?

I've seen J in metal and vinyl. I wish they would make that stuff with a bead on it.
No j bead and kerf are different. Kerf is used for trimming window and door frames that come with a notch for the bead to fit into so that the bead fits tight to the door or window frame. It looks sharp!! But can be a pain especially since 99% of everything we do is bullnose. It's a little trickier getting the corner miter than on a standard bullnose corner.

·
post whore
7,772 Posts
Tape on kerf is a major pain in the ass!! I would much prefer stapling it on!! It is hard to get your cuts to line up otherwise!!
OK, just like Slimpickins, I half to ask the same question:)

What do you guys mean by KERF????

Can you or Chris explain please:yes:

·
post whore
7,772 Posts
No j bead and kerf are different. Kerf is used for trimming window and door frames that come with a notch for the bead to fit into so that the bead fits tight to the door or window frame. It looks sharp!! But can be a pain especially since 99% of everything we do is bullnose. It's a little trickier getting the corner miter than on a standard bullnose corner.
Posted too late:whistling2:

I googled it

I could see paper half bead working on it, but using the vinyl for the bull nose........

Compound tube with a flat applicator would be fast for the paper half bead:yes:

Stole 2 pics from CT

heres a PDF file too http://dunbarton.com/wp-content/upl...-DW-Series-Hollow-Metal-Frames-RF103-0109.pdf

Attachments

·
post whore
7,772 Posts
We use 90% trim-tex tear away job were on now has 10 boxes of it per building but i like no -coat better:yes:can 1st coat with a nailspotter
You guys get all the good stuff in the states

We can't even get pre-cut no-coat up here, just comes comes in the roll. (100 ft). Heard you can get the pre-cut in Toronto, but it's twice the price compared to paper bead

Then try convincing the DWC or builder why you should use some of these newer cooler products. You would have a better chance at catching a virgin sheep in Kiwi Land

Reactions: moore
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.