Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1303 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,

We will be launching 18 new drywall and plastering tools in the next year. The products are great and we want to get some feedback so we know how to better address our marketing campaign before we hit the streets.

We will send a new tool to you to test for 30 days. Then we will ask for your opinion(s). After the first tool is evaluated we'll send another...and so forth.

We will send an NDA for you to sign and ask that you not comment on what the product is until we launch it officially.

We would like to work with one contractor from each of the following geographic areas, NW, SW, Central, NE, SE and Western BC.

Most of the products are for drywall but we also have a couple of fantastic tools for guys that do thin wall plaster.

Let me know if you want to participate and let us know what sort of projects you specialize in.

Thanks for your consideration.

Rick

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New brand and a new kind of tool(s). Later we will offer knives and such but now we want to differentiate ourselves through brand new technology.

You get to keep each of the tools you try.

The first few items won't change the world but will make your job a little easier. We have some real wild things down the pier but can't talk about those for a while.

I can say that the first is a new kind of mixing paddle and another item bolts onto the bazooka (and its knock offs) to make it run smoother and easier...early reviews have been very positive.

Our products will range in price from about $15.00 to around $6000.00. We're currently in the "designing for manufacturability" process on the big ones to help secure the most economic pricing levels possible. We will not have the cheapest tools on the market but they will certainly be of the newest technology and highest quality.

We have a new kind of texture machine that won't go through this process but if the "testers" are interested, I'll give them a fantastic discount on everything we will sell for an indefinite period of time. If satisified with the tools, we want to use each guy as a reference in their geographic location.

These tools have been in development for over 10 years. Our management team includes very high level professionals having international experience with start up companies*. Patents have and are being filed.

In our initial market tests we've had interesting feedback. A couple of the older guys have been very insulting calling some items sh** while the younger guys have jumped all over the tools. Upon trying our biggest system the young guys were ecstatic.

Anytime something new is brought to the market you have 10 % that will always reject it because it's different than what they know and they find it threatening.
10 % will jump on it simply because it is new and the remaining 80 % tend to wait around to see what happens.

We are requesting your help and feedback so we can better target the 80 %.

I don't mean to talk too much, just want everyone to know where we are coming from and what our intentions are.

Thank you for your consideration vrdn_drywall.

Rick
*I have over 20 years experience in Drywall and designed each of the new tools we are talking about.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is why "Drywall Talk" is so attractive to our efforts. Here we have a group of guy's that are already accustomed to using techology so we're thinking the companies represented here are the perfect group to get feedback from.

·
Registered
222 Posts
you'll find that this place is full of the kind of guys that'll give ya the input your looking for no b.s. just the straight-up feedback your looking for.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Saturated with responses.

Thank you for all of your messages.

We will get back to everyone tomorrow, Wednesday.

Best regards,

Rick

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
R.E. Plaster,

We're a little too soon to talk about the first plastering tool. We've been through 4 prototype variations and are currently waiting for a plastic mold to be completed. The patent is solid and we will be sure to send you a sample once it's ready. I can tell you that the 2nd prototype was shown to a Plaster Local President and his exact words were, "This is the best tool I've ever seen! I can sell 10 of them right now." In fairness I should say this particular tool was first built in the mid 90's and reviewed (by the President) in about 1996. As I said in a previous post, we've been working on these tools for over 10 years.

Joepro0000,

You may want to hear back from the reviews before thinking too much about the tools. I can say they are great but many people trying to promote something will say what they think the potential "customer" wants to hear.

Don't go by what I am claiming...wait to hear the reviews.

As I told one of the testers, we want to establish a 100 % reputation for reliability and consistency. No fluff and no false promises.

Thank you both for your consideration.

Rick

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
All is great!

I sent a (shipping) follow up email you should have received Monday morning. Please let me know if you did not and I'll double check the (email) address I have for you.

Everyone should be receiving their protoypes beginning Wednesday with Friday being the last delivery date.

The message I sent you...

From: Blocked in respect for DrywallTalk's rules and guidelines
To: xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 7:01 AM
Subject: Prototype shipped Friday.

Hi XXXX,

I had your prototype shipped out Friday. Unfortunately UPS won't ship to a P.O. box so it had to go out regular mail.

As such, I don't have a tracking number for you, but it should be delivered mid this week.

Please let me know once you have received it.

Thanks again for your help.

Rick

1 - 20 of 1303 Posts