Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Certain time of day sunlight shines on wall and shows every imperfections. I did not do original work and was called in to fix. I Gave 2 coats of level 5 on existing painted walls with red cgc compound. Sanded at the end with 150 sponge paper as I've always done with no issues.. After primed you can see air bubbles and lots of scratches from sanding when sun shines on wall.. I have lots of experience with level 5 and never had these issues.

Added no poke and never miss white die to mud and gave another tight skim and plan on sanding with 220 sponge paper to try and fix.

Anyone have any other solutions ideas to obtain a flawless finish (If that exists) when there is direct sunlight???

·
Registered
13 Posts
Certain time of day sunlight shines on wall and shows every imperfections. I did not do original work and was called in to fix. I Gave 2 coats of level 5 on existing painted walls with red cgc compound. Sanded at the end with 150 sponge paper as I've always done with no issues.. After primed you can see air bubbles and lots of scratches from sanding when sun shines on wall.. I have lots of experience with level 5 and never had these issues.

Added no poke and never miss white die to mud and gave another tight skim and plan on sanding with 220 sponge paper to try and fix.

Anyone have any other solutions ideas to obtain a flawless finish (If that exists) when there is direct sunlight???
Hi Kappa.
Sounds like a high exposure area. Always gonna show slightest imperfections. If it were me I’d roll and scrape it like a slick ceiling. Mix mud thin like Stipple mud. Roll it on and wipe it tight. Do the entire wall then sand w 220 or even finer. That should take care of it provided the joints are relatively flat. Use lightweight mud. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Might be good to avoid ight weght mud which scratches easily.
I wouldn’t steer away from it. Just use the right sandpaper. The scratches already present tells us that lightweight has already been used and one thing that I know (after 30 years) is you don’t want to put all purpose on top of light mud. Always the other way around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts