Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Pretty good patching technique. Very good concept. Enjoyed the video. Good job. :thumbsup:

Properly spelling the word sponge might help boost sales however...:whistling2: :jester:
spounge.JPG

These texture cans also work pretty good for patching and you don't require spray rigs, hoses or any of that crap.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Don't mind moose boy...I have 3000 something post ,,,and have miss spelling in every damn one!!!:yes:

Nice vid mr. NICE TRUCK!!! :thumbsup: BOWTIE!!!
Moose boy!?!? :furious: Oh oh....that name's going to start sticking isn't it...
Damn you 2buck!...damn you! :jester:

·
Average Member
3,145 Posts
Does the sponge fit in your pan? It seems like you could load it faster by dipping and wiping on the edge of the pan.

I like the question about sizes, especially since there are so many patterns out there it'd be nice to have a variety.

I usually have a stiff bristled brush for the small stuff, and I load the brush with mud, and then pull the bristles back to make it "spray". I don't flick the brush toward the wall, I flick the bristles. Works good for tiny stuff, but there's still some localized masking so I don't make a mess.

Cans suck for knockdown, IMO

Interesting technique....

·
Registered
644 Posts
Slim,, I would think a Hawk would work great for this application, just press into the mud and wipe the sponge off the edge of the hawk.
Thank for the vid MR. I come across some very heavy KD textures that have been applied with a spary rig. There always tough to match up with small patch sprayer I have.

·
Average Member
3,145 Posts
Slim,, I would think a Hawk would work great for this application, just press into the mud and wipe the sponge off the edge of the hawk.
Thank for the vid MR. I come across some very heavy KD textures that have been applied with a spary rig. There always tough to match up with small patch sprayer I have.
I agree, but if you need a looser mix to get the pattern flatter to the wall the pan would be ideal.

Either way, it's a good idea....that could use some tweaking.

Although, I foresee a future where there will be no knockdown....it's a beautiful utopia.:yes:

·
Registered
644 Posts
I agree, but if you need a looser mix to get the pattern flatter to the wall the pan would be ideal.

Although, I foresee a future where there will be no knockdown....it's a beautiful utopia.:yes:
Yes it would be great , I hate KD texture.
I use a hawk all the time for hand texture so you can get some pretty thin material onto the hawk. Just have to be careful of the amount.

Been checking into the behr plaster finish PT posted a video of.
Valspar makes the same stuff. I would like to try it out, using my normal H/T texture finish. I'm going to work on a mix of my own tommorow

·
Registered
3,507 Posts

It's funny, I just did a knockdown texture yesterday and the home owners were ecstatic. I've never gotten so much praise in my life for such a simple process. lol. It was pretty hillarious.
It's funny how they're more or less out of style down by where you guys are from, but here, it's the new hottest thing. lol

Yes it would be great , I hate KD texture.
I use a hawk all the time for hand texture so you can get some pretty thin material onto the hawk. Just have to be careful of the amount.

Been checking into the behr plaster finish PT posted a video of.
Valspar makes the same stuff. I would like to try it out, using my normal H/T texture finish. I'm going to work on a mix of my own tommorow
Right on man!! Experiment with it! it's fun!

·
Average Member
3,145 Posts
It's funny, I just did a knockdown texture yesterday and the home owners were ecstatic. I've never gotten so much praise in my life for such a simple process. lol. It was pretty hillarious.
It's funny how they're more or less out of style down by where you guys are from, but here, it's the new hottest thing. lol
They're still doing it like crazy on production work. Apartments, sub-divisions, etc. It's fast and easy, and it hides a LOT.

·
post whore
7,772 Posts
They're still doing it like crazy on production work. Apartments, sub-divisions, etc. It's fast and easy, and it hides a LOT.
Same here in the civilized part of Ontario:whistling2:

Till you see a sold sign on the house your doing, then odds are, the HO wants it all painted.

I hate pulling up to a new house, and seeing a sold sign on it:furious:

But shouldn't bitch. means the market is still rocking and rolling:D

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well when I came up with the idea. It was for patching areas like we're a can light had been moved. Something smaller than a 2x2 I don't do a lot of new const any more thru the white flag in on that 3-4 years ago. Now its all patches remods and popcorn removal. To get a smaller knockdown you just leave less mud in the divets. Takes a little practices. But easy to master. Now as for loading by dipping in a pan. That doesn't work as well for me. It's a little easyer to controle the mess.with a trusty ol 6in knife.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Pretty good patching technique. Very good concept. Enjoyed the video. Good job. :thumbsup:

Properly spelling the word sponge might help boost sales however...:whistling2: :jester:
View attachment 4559

These texture cans also work pretty good for patching and you don't require spray rigs, hoses or any of that crap.
Knock Down Wall Texture -- How To Texture Drywall - YouTube
have used those cans many times for repairs. they now come with adjustable nozzles so you can adjust size of splatter. the same for the orange peel.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts