Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
In a commercial application where there is concrete on a steel pan, I will hole saw into the bottom track and concrete , and set a piece of unistrut vertically. I mortar it into the hole to set it stiff and bolt a wall stud to the Unistrut. If you don't want to go to that trouble, use #18 deep leg track for the bottom track.

We make low wall posts by welding a rectangular tube steel to a flat plate and anchor bolting it to the concrete. I did a job one time where the structural engineer made us bore a 12" hole 5' deep with a rebar cage, steel post, and concrete. This is when I lost respect for engineers.

Kinda late but surprised no one said LAY the sheets down and glue em. Here we have premade posts for around $50 for 5'. They come with lead anchors. Glue the track. But the board tight to the floor. Use 18ga or better. 20 will work on smaller walls. High leg track is ideal. Its a lot less labor intensive this way.

I believe everything has been mentioned but I'll put my. 02c in. use 18-16 guage studs or at least heavy gauge track, that is glued down with pins or tapcons 2 at where stud is put a metal post in, black iron with stud clips,lay drywall down with glue, .and if you can lay a heavy gauge stud flat on top of the top track, if you can't get a stiff wall out of all that something is wrong.

I believe everything has been mentioned but I'll put my. 02c in. use 18-16 guage studs or at least heavy gauge track, that is glued down with pins or tapcons 2 at where stud is put a metal post in, black iron with stud clips,lay drywall down with glue, .and if you can lay a heavy gauge stud flat on top of the top track, if you can't get a stiff wall out of all that something is wrong.
Still, this is no stronger than the bottom plate glue. Better to anchor a post or two into the concrete.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.