Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seems like I strike out here over and over if they make me fill out insurance forms if I will even do it, seems so tiresome. What should I do in order to actually get the claims. I prefer to deal with the homeowner direct but it seems that many insurance claims are tied to the bank's protection over the customer's choices. Can the homeowner demand that the claim be paid to them and then hire you or is this not going to happen or cost you the job?:icon_sad:

·
Registered
774 Posts
Kinda hard to answer your question. It varies from state to state , as well as for each insurance company. The custome does have the right to hire who they wish, but how you get paid depends on the insurance company. For the forms. Tell them that you will fill out all the forms required. Once your quote has been accepted. Why waste there time and more importantly yours.

·
Registered
717 Posts
If their is a mortgage that check is going to the bank. As far as getting the work buy some insurance estimating software get mold,lead,and numerous other certificates and advertise.
Paperwork is just part of the insurance world. So is waiting months for checks. If you're smart you'll avoid it like the plague

1 - 3 of 3 Posts