Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I've worked in the trade for the past 3 years and recently decide to branch out on my own. was wondering if someone could guide me on some tips on how to go about bidding ?

is it better to charge by the sheet or by the sqft?
if by the sheet whats the average amount ? if by the sqft do you charge the same for ceilings as you would for the walls ?
if need to put corner bead do you charge separately for that or is it already include in the sheet/sqft price ?
how to bid for texturing ?
would it be better to do a flat rate per sqft

anyone who might be retired who has a spreadsheet / contract they might be willing to share ?

any help\tips will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, I've worked in the trade for the past 3 years and recently decide to branch out on my own. was wondering if someone could guide me on some tips on how to go about bidding ?

is it better to charge by the sheet or by the sqft?
if by the sheet whats the average amount ? if by the sqft do you charge the same for ceilings as you would for the walls ?
if need to put corner bead do you charge separately for that or is it already include in the sheet/sqft price ?
how to bid for texturing ?
would it be better to do a flat rate per sqft

anyone who might be retired who has a spreadsheet / contract they might be willing to share ?

any help\tips will be greatly appreciated
Drywall should be priced by sq. ft. Trim items should be priced by each.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts