Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
It seems to me that here depends on what you have. If you have a job where you always have to move, you sure will a lot of travel. It is usually quite interesting to travel so much, but it is still tiring and takes a lot of time for planning. Most of the time, you do the planning yourself, and for that, I can recommend African Jacana: Safety Reviews by Location Updated for 2021, where you can read the comments of others and their reviews about their trips to another country. It is pretty helpful to know when you will travel to foreign countries that you have not visited before.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I work exclusivly out of town 25 days a month + My closest job might be 3 hours away but most the time it's 4-9 hours. I do it for the money, it's great but it's awful way to live life. I basicly live in my truck with my helper and go town to town to town and it sucks. Always missing your fam/kids. I wouldn't recommend it.. the town I live in isnt the largest here in Oregon and it's not easy to break in the local market and people here want everything for nothing, so I travel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would think 10 hrs driving @ whatever wage you charge say $55.00, $550.00 12 hrs, tape, top, skim $660.00, material ? 150.00? mileage 350 mile @ .74 psi $260.00 add your time for mobilization/load up, extra for towing trailer (if applicable) $250 rt, sand/primer/TU $350,00 $2,220.00. But to answer your question, we travel wherever we have to. We had a build out contract on 80 small retail stores that were basically the same. Were in Oklahoma but over an 18 month span, we went to Wisconsin, Montana, Minnesota, Florida, South Carolina etc but I never had to actually go very much, but our guys did, but they were making serious bank
I am GC here in Oregon and Washington state. I had to get a license for both/ bond for both but my insurance did work for both so that was nice... with you working in all those states, did you have to get a license in each? Is there a way or loophole to not be licensed to in all the states? I get work from manufactured home companies and I try and stick to Oregon/WA but they do ask me to go to Cali, Nevada, Idaho etc but I decline because I'm sick of spending money to LLC in each state, bond in each state and test/license and fees in each state! LMK ! -Danny

21 - 24 of 24 Posts