Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...
I just finished skim coating over an inconsistent texture on the walls with three coats. So far so good. After sanding there were a few spots that I knew I would need to touch up after priming. However after I sprayed primer on the walls and took a closer look while drying I notice these small dimples or what seem to be popped air bubbles everywhere on the wall. I know that I had left a couple spots with pin holes on the drywall from the mud but these are different. I attached some pictures as well as the primer that was used. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Master Mud Monkey
194 Posts
If they bother you a lot, do a very light skim coat of drywall mud over them, push the drywall mud in the holes then wipe it all off. Let it dry and do it again if the wall is still porous. Then take a fine sanding sponge and sand it smooth, and get rid of any edges and primer over it or paint it if you already painted. Just a tip if you leave a thick coat of mud and paint over it, you'll see bulges. Also, make sure the drywall mud dries, or it might look warped if it's wet, then you paint over it if the coat you leave is thick. Make sure it's very light to fill in the porous holes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts