Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do know a tad about drywall my best friend was a great interior finisher.. I am remodeling a walkway which is about 7ft across..It used to have a wood china cabinet built into half of it.. After removing the china cabinet the 7ft span which is 18" wide was not close to being straight.. So the only way this new 7ft opening would look correct was to attach a bottom piece of drywall and float it out till it was close to level.. How would one attach a corner bead and finish it to the corner in the picture? Thanks in advance for any help... And no I cant ask my friend he passed away a couple years ago
Wood Shade Fixture Rectangle Composite material

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not sure what your asking here. you should be able to remove that sheet under the drop and already have a corner.?
As I said above a china cabinet built into this overhang has been removed... The entire 7ft span is not level by 1/2' or more...So I attached the drywall..Floated it out to make it now level...My question is how would anyone finish this edge..

·
Registered
70 Posts
so whats in the picture just got mud globed on it to float out a 1/2" difference? if so thats hack as it gets. if i was called in to look at a job like that i would turn around and walk out. you just dont do stuff like that.

you wont have a nailer on top for metal you will have to use that tape on crap. it doesnt even look like you removed the bead that was there and just hung over it?

if you had bad framing it should have all been removed and fixed correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts