Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On behalf of the entire team here at Sheetrock Tools and USG, I would like to say hello to everyone. We have designed a line of hand tools with professional drywall installers and finishers in mind. You can have a look at them at www.sheetrocktools.com. We would love to hear any feedback on what you think about how the tools perform on the job. We are here to assist with anything, anytime.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Tread softly...

Be careful El Segundo,
The guys here aren't too fond of sales people. Be sure to add value to the site in technical ways.
I was told that USG heard about our paddle evaluations.
We have a head to head comparison coming up between our new paddle and your solid 4 spoke. I shipped ours out yesterday. It should be fun to see how the competition goes. Several of our new products will compete with some of the tools you have on your site so I look forward to some friendly competition.
Best regards,
Rick

Kind of a "David and Goliath" thang huh?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Be careful El Segundo,
The guys here aren't too fond of sales people. Be sure to add value to the site in technical ways.
I was told that USG heard about our paddle evaluations.
We have a head to head comparison coming up between our new paddle and your solid 4 spoke. I shipped ours out yesterday. It should be fun to see how the competition goes. Several of our new products will compete with some of the tools you have on your site so I look forward to some friendly competition.
Best regards,
Rick

Kind of a "David and Goliath" thang huh?
Hey Rick, Thanks for the note. Like you, we are here to contribute and be of assistance. Hope your tools get a good response in the marketplace.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
On behalf of the entire team here at Sheetrock Tools and USG, I would like to say hello to everyone. We have designed a line of hand tools with professional drywall installers and finishers in mind. You can have a look at them at www.sheetrocktools.com. We would love to hear any feedback on what you think about how the tools perform on the job. We are here to assist with anything, anytime.

Thanks!
I think the sheetrock knives are top notch, here's an idea for you...make the head of the handles so that you can unscrew them (like a dummy cap) and screw on a painters type extension handle, a 12" knife on an extension is a great way to whip around a job to scrape the nibs and ridges off between coats, or to wipe down between boxed coats on ceilings (if thats the way you want to do it), or even scrape mud off the floor, I had to make my own and I use it all the time.
The mixer is probably the fastest way I've ever emptied a bucket of water, good for mixing full buckets of mud but make sure you've got something like a big block chev to drive it.
Now that I greased you up:whistling2: how about sending us some Sheetrock/USG advertising stickers to stick on my work truck, or even include some with each shipment for our suppliers to hand out, your tools and compounds are becoming increasingly popular over here in New Zealand, I'm sold on the black lid a/p, keep up the good work :thumbup:.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I like the six inch handle and blade. I really like how solid the handle is on the six. Best one out there for setting a burr or nail. But I don't like the feel of the ten and twelve. Just doesn't fit my hand, I guess. Haven't given it enough time to get used to it. Just didn't like it right out of the package. The mixer is fast on bucket mud, but don't like it at all for mixing texture. Won't mix all the powder in.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Mixing powders.

We're hearing about powders with our paddle too.

Don't know if you've tried, but if you start heavy with the powdered mud and thin it down after you have a thick(er) slurry, it will usually take care of the small lump problem.

Rick

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
You are right... I like the look of your mixer for a few reasons. One is it is not metal in the bucket. Won't cut the bucket. Good thinking, although I am sure your material is a bit pricey to use. But as a contractor, I am not usually held back by price. If it works better, I forget the price. I'd rather pay more.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
The Sheetrock mixer doesn't do very good at taking the powder out of the middle-bottom of the bucket. It does great after it is mixed. Also it is a bit aggressive for texture while thinning down enough to spray. But it is fantastic for mixing mud for taping-skim.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Kiwiman, We can always use longer arms -great idea for the extention knife. Also, have you seen our video on YouTube of the mud mixer in action? Have a look here:
I will see what I can do about the sticker request.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
My apologies...must have came out wrong.
Just meant the variable drill helps.

I sent SheetrockTools a PM a few days ago saying I thought his earlier response (wishing us luck in the market) was very "class act."

I didn't mean any disrespect.

I'll stay off the thread.

Rick

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Hey Kiwiman, We can always use longer arms -great idea for the extention knife. Also, have you seen our video on YouTube of the mud mixer in action? Have a look here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKNQdFUADr0 I will see what I can do about the sticker request.
I will say this much about the Sheetrock mixer... I have never had the guts to mix the mud IN the box! Wow, I have always dumped it into a bucket before sticking my mixer in it. I would have guessed it would pull the bag in...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.