Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the Laco TG-600 hand-pump spray gun for texturing small patches. The orange peel pattern I was able to produce was kind of stringy, and I am wondering if there's anything I can do to make it more circular.

To clarify: the mud globs that it was spraying were longer than they were wide, which would be fine for KD, but what I want are globs that are more circular for a nice orange peel.

I was using an APL mud watered down to the consistency of pancake batter.

Pardon me if I should have posted this in the "Texturing" section - maybe this is an issue that isn't specific to the Laco, but I don't encounter this problem using my hopper and compressor, so I thought it was more related to the Laco.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just bought the Laco TG-600 hand-pump spray gun for texturing small patches. The orange peel pattern I was able to produce was kind of stringy, and I am wondering if there's anything I can do to make it more circular.

To clarify: the mud globs that it was spraying were longerthin mud than they were wide, which would be fine for KD, but what I want are globs that are more circular for a nice orange peel.

I was using an APL mud watered down to the consistency of pancake batter.

Pardon me if I should have posted this in the "Texturing" section - maybe this is an issue that isn't specific to the Laco, but I don't encounter this problem using my hopper and compressor, so I thought it was more related to the Laco.

Thanks!

I would thin down to the consistency of paint and work from there. adjust your disitance from patch. possibly how hard/fast you pump the handle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts