Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Recently, Joest Abrasives did some testing in the pacific NW and saw an issue with swirl marks on some ultra-light muds like Beadex light using power sanders. We evaluated our 320 and 400 grit discs and noticed that in fact, there was significant sanding marks irregardless of what speed we ran the power sanders.

We had tested a product that we manufacture that seems to be flawless in finish on sanders. This product is not yet available to the market. The durability seems excellent and it left absolutely no visible marks.

To further evaluate, I am looking for 10 contractors to supply this new product for free testing and evaluation. I will send to the first 10 that PM their ship to address.

Thanks!
Rob

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Caz,

Absolutely!! We pride ourselves in offering a solution for all situations. It is quite an amazing product. I believe you are down under Caz, I would be happy to send via post samples if these soft muds and power sanders are an issue for you.

Cheers my friend!

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Hello Sandman

I will give them a try, Ive used most sanding dics from the yellows with holes up to the edge and the disc with no edge holes and the mirka super mesh so be interesting to see what you have come up with.

Address sent, Thanks.

·
Registered
444 Posts
hi guys,

recently, joest abrasives did some testing in the pacific nw and saw an issue with swirl marks on some ultra-light muds like beadex light using power sanders. We evaluated our 320 and 400 grit discs and noticed that in fact, there was significant sanding marks irregardless of what speed we ran the power sanders.

We had tested a product that we manufacture that seems to be flawless in finish on sanders. This product is not yet available to the market. The durability seems excellent and it left absolutely no visible marks.

To further evaluate, i am looking for 10 contractors to supply this new product for free testing and evaluation. I will send to the first 10 that pm their ship to address.

Thanks!
Rob

regardless

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hi Guys,

Recently, Joest Abrasives did some testing in the pacific NW and saw an issue with swirl marks on some ultra-light muds like Beadex light using power sanders. We evaluated our 320 and 400 grit discs and noticed that in fact, there was significant sanding marks irregardless of what speed we ran the power sanders.

To further evaluate, I am looking for 10 contractors to supply this new product for free testing and evaluation. I will send to the first 10 that PM their ship to address.

Thanks!
Rob

REGARDLESS regardless means without concern. irregardless means without a lack of concern. Coined by GW Bush. "Irregardless of what you might think of me, you misunderestimate me." or "Irregardless of whether our enemies have nucular weapos".

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Samples sent

To all of you that requested samples of our new sanding disc for ultra soft mud, all samples have been sent via Canada Post today. I look forward to your feedback and product evaluation. Enclosed was 2 sanding discs for any sander such as flex, P/c or Festool.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Hi Sandman, Recieived your sanding disc samples thank you.

They certianly are a new level of sanding, Its just the grit was to fine for me at 1800g.

Something like a 200g would suit more for drywall use, Ive never seen mud polish up so smooth though, I think your onto something with this product though.

I can see how scratch free they are, very soft sanding, Tryed to upload pics but unfortunatly site wouldnt allow, Something about a security tag missing???

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not yet. Soon. The only way to get them (depending on where you live) is:

1: Though us directly

2: If you live in Canada, through CSR

3: Skatbrand Products in Washington State.

we hope to have AllWall on board soon.

Thanks.....:D

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
REGARDLESS regardless means without concern. irregardless means without a lack of concern. Coined by GW Bush. "Irregardless of what you might think of me, you misunderestimate me." or "Irregardless of whether our enemies have nucular weapos".
Thank you for grade 5 recap. I think everyone knew what I meant....:censored:
I agree and you just need to understand that endo is just another form of abrasive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys,

Thanks!
Rob
Is this still available ? Or any kind of samples of drywall/ sheetrocks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts