Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i m New in that
I have a bazooka Tapetech and
Un each new tape in the first sections of tape that do not have joint compound behind it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not understood the video very well, my English is very bad, someone helps me or explains it to me more easily

·
Registered
23 Posts
What video said was when you use thumb drive to advance tape it has play in it and some of tape will have dry spot, to avoid it charge head on wall.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But my problem is not exactly like that, when I cut the tape and continue with another, the same problem continues, so I have to find another solution, I think that a piece or something fails

·
Registered
23 Posts
But my problem is not exactly like that, when I cut the tape and continue with another, the same problem continues, so I have to find another solution, I think that a piece or something fails
Sounds like air pockets, try to keep pump plunger down, between loading taper

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
If the wheel is not turning the cable is not being wound onto the drum which pulls up the plunger which makes the mud come out, When you apply tape you stop and cut it, then if you advance the tape without the wheel turning then there is no mud coming out........you got a dry peice of tape, So some people run the wheel a little to adance the tape and put mud behind it then tape a full seam.
But it does not even matter, i know this and often have no mud under the tape at the start you just get that when you wipe it down.....easy.

·
Tapepro Drywall Tools
233 Posts
After cutting, if you feed tape without the tape wheel moving you are dragging some compound from the head and reducing pressure. When you start taping again the taper has to build up some pressure to create mud flow and the lag can cause dry tape.
A better technique is to feed tape as you roll out the last tab after cutting, or if you need more tape, run the wheel on the wall or wind the key to maintain pressure and supply more compound.

Video on instagram here: http://instagr.am/p/CHyy7cVDxNC/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts