Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Johnson Abrasives Wet-Kut Blue is #1, 2 sheets will do an entire house, it will not rip easily. 150 grit sand with pole sander, then 'check out' with 100watt light and sponge. You can try doubling up the padding on the pole sander to cut back on scratching, you will run the risk of the sander wanting to flip over more if you do this.

Do not sand across joints, sand with the joints.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I tape with durabond 240. Second coat with green lid. Finish coat with midweight. Sand with 150 grit and mop the walls and ceilings after to smooth out. Works well and the painter loves us for it.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
The Secret Weapon ..... After you get the field all done with the 360 ..... Inside Corners with the Gator ....HD has them ......or Lowes ....maybe both.

I have never used a better sander for inside corners. The hand model is great also.

http://www.zipsander.com/zip-pole-sander.html

Ditto on the Gator,,, a great leap forward in pole sanders (for the RARE occasion one is needed)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Stormy,

over the holidays got a radius 360. finally used it on a rough sand 150 grit... Wish I had this sooner, smokinnnnnnnn. huge difference half the time only thing I found is it had trouble cutting edges on flats, but I think it was because the sponge backing was new and not broken in enough yet... Great tip there Thanks and all the best in the New Year!

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
We use to years ago before we primed just used a regular sponge mop dipped and squeeze out most of the water to wiped down the walls , mainly took all the dust off and laid any paper fuzz down. If primed and back rolled not a real need to do this. Yes painters will love you for getting the dust off it makes their job easier. Have to be careful not to have too much water on whatever you are using otherwise you will have water running down the wall making worm tracks on the joints. A GOOD PAINTER will BRUSH SAND in between their coats to get rid of any imperfections from lint ,fuzz or any other foreign stuff that makes its way to the fresh paint.

·
Registered
9 Posts
360 is King with 120 grit paper. Been using for years and happy with results. Looking back to the old sanding pole days with the black roll paper makes me cringe...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I use the radius 360 and flex-edge. Also have the black-widow, and Porter Cable. I love the radius 360, but for the last 2 years, I must of broken atleast 6 poles, don't know why, but the poles for it always break.
go to sheriamwilliams and use there pole thay last:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
why run the feild then go back thourgh with the gator to run the angles then go back thourgh again to do corners unless this gator can do inside corners let me know

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
why run the feild then go back thourgh with the gator to run the angles then go back thourgh again to do corners unless this gator can do inside corners let me know
The gator has tapered edges, making it the same as a sponge with an angle edge. SO ,,yes, it will replace the sponge for sanding the corners and angles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Stormy,

over the holidays got a radius 360. finally used it on a rough sand 150 grit... Wish I had this sooner, smokinnnnnnnn. huge difference half the time only thing I found is it had trouble cutting edges on flats, but I think it was because the sponge backing was new and not broken in enough yet... Great tip there Thanks and all the best in the New Year!
Hi there! I purchased this also but have found even the 240 grit leaves a lot of scratches! Do you achieve a smooth finish? :)

21 - 35 of 35 Posts