Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Good thing is, sounds like you only really need the 12" box. Should I sell my 10"? :rolleyes:
Yes you should, Ive gone off my 10, I bloody swear 10, then 12, then sanded then painted, Sometimes i see an edge ridge, Kiwiman reckoned the paint dissolved the fine 12 mud and showed the ten ridge?? I think?? Might have a point?? Anyway, 7 then 12 i see no edge rigde at all so go figure???

·
Average Member
3,145 Posts
Yes you should, Ive gone off my 10, I bloody swear 10, then 12, then sanded then painted, Sometimes i see an edge ridge, Kiwiman reckoned the paint dissolved the fine 12 mud and showed the ten ridge?? I think?? Might have a point?? Anyway, 7 then 12 i see no edge rigde at all so go figure???
I swear I've been seeing some weird stuff with mud lately. I'm starting to think (and have been for some time) that our lightweight topping becomes reconstituted when moisture hits it and can swell and reshrink. I'd like to switch products, but it's just so easy to work with, aside from problems after painting or skimming or touching up :laughing:

·
Registered
457 Posts
" I'm starting to think (and have been for some time) that our lightweight topping becomes reconstituted when moisture hits it and can swell and reshrink"

It can.

Someone else on here ( different thread ) mentioned the same thing.

·
drywall slave
10,565 Posts
" I'm starting to think (and have been for some time) that our lightweight topping becomes reconstituted when moisture hits it and can swell and reshrink"

It can.

Stop using l/w mud guys! It's marshmellows!!!! There's NO glue!
why ya think it's so easy to sand? there's no glue in it.. foam mud!

·
Registered
2,742 Posts

It can.

Yup, that was my reckoning, most noticible where the edge of the 2nd & topcoat is close together from non straight boxing, next time you sand some topcoat splash some water on it, then once it's dry look at it with a glancing light :yes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts